me and me bike way back when

lotus 30

Dirt Disciple
Just dug out this old pic of me on the charlie alexander bike in about 1966 with the newport Phoenix time trial. still got the bike and the hair but the hair is a different colour :D

Attachments

• newport phenix.jpg
    newport phenix.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,419
Re: Re:

NeilM":3ihfj6d5 said:
That's your avatar right there.

Plus some new pictures of the bike would be cool.
I am afraid the bike is undergoing a full restoration due to some years back on charity ride the rear sprint wheel went down between the joint of a cattle grid smashed the rear wheel and ripped out the rear drop out so it has been left unloved in the shed until i decided to get back on the bike i am getting new decals made then the frame is going over to Argos in bristol for alignment check and new paint. I did get the rear wheel rebuilt by martin ashfield cycles with a mavic rim the original was a milremo.
andy

Re:

Argos will do a fine job, I have used them for a couple of resprays which I have been more than happy with.

The rebuild should be enjoyable, please take pictures as you go, as we all love a good (re)build thread.

Re:started the restoration

]C W Alexander frame number A25/9 some pics of progress i even found some new in box universal brake hoods and a new campagnolo bottom braket with a price on the box £11;50 lol just missing handlebars stem and seat pin cannot find them anywhere anoying what makes and modle were available in the mid 1960's i cannot remember
I think that the A25 stands for A for alexander (fairly obvious) the 25 is the address where it was made 25 St James Street frame number is 9 Just conjecture on my part but the only other frame number i know of is in a write up on C W Alexander quoting A25/ then the frame number.
andy
Ps sorry duplicate pictures new to the site LOL

Attachments

• DSCN1924.jpg
    DSCN1924.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSCN1922.jpg
    DSCN1922.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSCN1931.jpg
    DSCN1931.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSCN1922.jpg
    DSCN1922.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSCN1924.jpg
    DSCN1924.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSCN1930.jpg
    DSCN1930.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSCN1931.jpg
    DSCN1931.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,259
Yes i will keep the same colour scheme the only other one i have seen has a similar blue but white main colour
I am of to see another one in llandridnod wells national cycle museum that one is unrestored i spoke to my friend who i bought the bike of we are still in touch after 50odd years and he bought it second hand it had just been referbished then so i do not know if it is the original colour when it was made. I am not even sure how old it is exactly. there is another number on the bottom lug it's a nervex number i wonder if i can date it from that. andy

Agree with the others it's a great looking frame and I look forward to seeing it repainted and then rebuilt.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back