Concorde Flies Again...

Re:

If I thought I could get two straight lines cut and mounted from leccy tape I'd do that. I however, have no chance of making that work.

Thinking about it, I pass a van graphics place on the way to and from work every day!

Surely they wouldn't charge me more than a couple of quid for four 3mm x 50mm strips...

Re: Concorde Flies Again... soon

Next up was fitting the new brake shoes to the deltas... I didn't have any flat M8 washers that were small enough externally to shim out (or actually in) the brake shoes so that the nuts didn't bottom out.

Tried it with some spare domed washers and although the end result looks okay, I wasn't convinced they were sufficiently unlikely to slip.

Finding stainless steel washers with an external dimension of less than 13mm is harder than finding cheap campag spares. At one point I was on the verge of spending 12 quid on two dozen piddly washers.

Then I changed the search to 13mm and up popped lots of aluminium washers... some at 12mm wide.

£1.89 for 20. That'll do me!

Decided a couple of rust spots on the fork legs pushing my OCDometer too far into the twitch zone. Fortuitously, they were in a prime spot for masking with some extra Columbus branding.

I'm vaguely concerned they might look a bit racey, but any opinions welcome!

IMAG0782_zpsiz34jxgj.jpg

Re:

On the thin white lines question. You used to be able to get panel lining at Halfords and all good motor accessory shops. I doubt it is on every shelf these days, but a local motor factor or ebay may be a source.

Something like this; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3mm-Red-10-Me ... SwUsJYWlCB

Apparently it now called (and probably always was) coach lining tape.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I think I need to apply it to all my bikes, as it really does make the bike go faster... no honest it really does.

Re: Re:

NeilM":dcoit7wh said:
I think I need to apply it to all my bikes, as it really does make the bike go faster... no honest it really does.

I'll have approximately 2.75 metres of 3mm white spare once I've sorted the Concorde's seatstays...available for collection from Glasgow, Carlisle, Penrith, Oxenholme the Lake District, Lancaster, Preston, Wigan North Western or Warrington Bank Quay railway stations.

Full marks to the guy I ordered the white lines from... 20 minutes from "order confirmed" to "despatched".

I hear it all too often... I have a split role between Glasgow and Runcorn and spend a lot of time on the West Coast mainline.

However...It also presents lots of cycling opportunities.

Nearly ready to build!

Paintwork is as good as I'm going to get it. The dings are gone, but you can tell its been touched up. Have given the frame a polish with Bike Lust which has brought up the multicoloured mesh sections beautifully.

I need to tap the dropout adjuster threads and give the bottom bracket a final clean and then, once I've sprayed the tubes with some protectant, its build time!

Wheels are built and ready to get tyred up.
Hubs have been serviced with all bearings replaced
Headset has been serviced with all bearings replaced
Stem, bars and brake levers have been put together ready to install and cable
Downtube shifters have been converted from 9 to 10 speed
Deltas have been cleaned (and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned), lubed and a couple of missing e-clips replaced. They are also now fitted with more modern Campag pads and shoes.
Everything else is either new or has been scrubbed, polished and serviced and is ready to roll.

The plan is to get out for a decent ride in the morning then get stuck in and hopefully finished in time to post an outdoor "after" picture before it gets dark.

Back