Dave Lloyd, with a difference

Re: Re:

NeilM":3ck49g69 said:
It is wet'n'windy here today, so the new fork mock up and subsequent photo had to be done indoors, and photographing a bike against a white wall with a flash gun is not the best.

Never the less you can see where I am going.

So, BLB forks fitted, thoughts?

Mock%208_zpsyzfnqon3.jpg

Looks great. Definitely suits a narrow chromed fork.

Personally, I think a curved fork would be perfect but that one is pretty damned good.

If you decide to change it out, I'll buy it off you to put on Blue Cougar.

Re:

Good choice of forks Neil! :cool:

Like how this is shaping up, so far

Mike

Re:

Jack: If I could find curved 650C forks that suited I would buy them, but the only ones I have found so far were steel, painted black and were £150 from Germany.

Shaun: Looking at the road test of the original, the gap looks pretty close to being the same, especially given that mine has no tyres yet.

I guess the proof will eventually be in the riding. :mrgreen:

Re: Re:

NeilM":2a4w5mxw said:
Jack: If I could find curved 650C forks that suited I would buy them, but the only ones I have found so far were steel, painted black and were £150 from Germany.

D'oh! Sorry... I completely forgot about them being 650C...

Having had a look previously, I concur that you have a fairly miniscule chance of getting curved ones. In which case, those will do just fine, I'd say.

They do look great. Certainly more than good enough for it to be a beautiful bike once finished.

Cheers
Ken

PS. You're stuck with them anyway as they'd be NFU for Blue Cougar :p

Re:

Tyres on, brake calipers on, now waiting for headset, chainrings and a whole host of other bits and pieces.

650C tyres are 'fun' to fit, three tyre levers and three hands to hold them with would have been advantageous.

The seatpost is a strange one. I have an X-Lite in 27.2, but it will only go in a very short way, then jams. Everything is greased up like a goodun, so I used a 28.6 seatpost to make sure the grease was well applied, I then tried a USE 27.2 Alien seatpost, more grease needed but in it went, back to the X-Lite.... nope. Both posts measured with vernier calipers, both come out at 27.2.... who knows, but for now the USE is staying in place.

I've found that tight fit tyres esp. small diameters eased by warming/heating the tyre against a radiator before fitting to a cold rim. works on the old moulton 17"rims which were evil

Re:

The tyres are Gatorskins, one of the few tyres available in 650C, which I have been told since are a a little tricky to fit anyway. I think I must have warmed them with body heat as I struggled to get the damn things on. Anyway, all fitted.

Headset, cassette and chainrings arrived today, so time to strip everything down again and start a proper build up.

Brake levers, chain, bottle cages and black cable outers to be bought and we will be ready go get fully stuck in.

Latest posts

Back