A little Italian( Pinarello super record special)

kingbling

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've been considering getting a smaller frame to replace my Harry Perry for a while and had spent some time looking at some fancy Colnago's but they were are out of my budget so I put the idea on hold for the time being. Soon the urge returned and I started to trawl the ad's on RB for some ideas for a replacement, about 4 pages in on the road for sale thread I came across an ad from Foz for a nice little Pinarello frameset belived to be a super record special in my size. I sent Andy a PM with an offer for the frame and much to my amazement he accepted it. The frame arrived yesterday with some nice extras thrown in i.e BB cups and a lovely Cobra bottle cage.

I would like to say if you ever wish to buy anything from Andy aka Foz buy with confidence you won't be disappointed your item will be well packed and everything you hoped for with great comm's to boot.

Now I do like to get stuck into a build and with in the hour it was looking like this

Im now just undecided on which wheels to use Mavic Bleu SSC's or the Ambrosio Excellence I think I'm favouring the Mavic,s

So thats it for the time being I have a few choices to make regarding lever hoods and Bar tape (Yes Mike it will probably be white :LOL: ) I'm waiting on a BB axle to turn up then it will be a case of cabling up to finish off.

Attachments

• 20170215_143628.jpg
    20170215_143628.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,292
  • 20170215_150143.jpg
    20170215_150143.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 1,292
  • 20170215_150154.jpg
    20170215_150154.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,292
  • 20170215_150910.jpg
    20170215_150910.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,291
Re: A little Italian

That does look really lovely and I too would go with the Mavics, though both do suite. So it's just personal preference really.
Will be following with interest to see how it progresses.

Jamie

blue Benotto Tape as this matches the colour of the frame nicely

Thanks for the comments Guys, I've gone for some white perforated BBB tape and Tan hoods as this will restore the factory look. I'm also going to get the name decals made up for the top tube to.

Re:

Nice find Clive!

White bar tape a good choice I think, believe it or not! Also with the others on the Mavics, then you can flog me the Ambrsios! :LOL:

I remember hankering after a Pinarello (Treviso, Montello? Can't remember) in the early '90s when I raced. Never got one though, that was before prices went sky high! I also hankered after a Bianchi though, and now I have one!

Happy days!

Mike

Sounds like a good choice mate. The perforated BBB tape is certainly comfortable. One of the nicest tapes I've used. It was on my Concorde Squadra. Stays white and cleans nicely.

Jamie

jackosbournesnr":34a6e2yy said:
That reminds me, I still have to bring those blue tyres down.

I'm next passing through on the 28th

Thanks I'll have to remember that. ;)

So been doing a little more on this, I got the BB on Tuesday a nice Novuo Record one so got that fitted along with the cranks pedals and chain. no drama's there and the inner chain ring has plenty of clearance from the chainstay.

I also got some polishing done yesterday a first generation Cinelli 1R stem the original would likely be a 2nd generation but as it was in my parts horde...
the bar tape and DT shifter turned up today. I'm still waiting on the hoods to finish this fully, now I'm just going out to fit the shifters. :D

Attachments

• 20170222_171716.jpg
    20170222_171716.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 927
  • 20170222_200306.jpg
    20170222_200306.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 927
Back