New Colnago Arabesque Project Complete

larrytx01

Dirt Disciple
I took delivery today on the custom build Colnago Arabesque. Very pleased with the result and I expect many happy miles/kilometers ahead. It is very light handling and the Campy Neutron wheels make it nice and snappy on acceleration. Hard to believe this is a steel bike. The new Potenza group is great and the brakes are particularly good as they have a very progressive feel with great stopping power. I am happy with the overall project and looking for many years of riding enjoyment.

Larry

Attachments

• IMG01.jpg
    IMG01.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_02.jpg
    IMG_02.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG03.jpg
    IMG03.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_04.jpg
    IMG_04.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_05.jpg
    IMG_05.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_06.jpg
    IMG_06.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_07.jpg
    IMG_07.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_08.jpg
    IMG_08.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,139
Besides the nice gold and red colour of the frame, it rides as good as it looks. It has nice light handling, very smooth, quick response, and easy on the eyes to boot. When you pick it up, you would not believe it is steel. You have to give Campy some credit with those Neutron wheels though.

great to hear it rides well like all steel colnagos

Personally I'd have stuck a Campagnolo 80th Anniversary on such a deserving frame.

Re:

But that frame deserves something top end along with Bora wheels.

My 80th is in a cupboard somewhere.

That aside you have a beautiful frame so enjoy :)

Re:

I am sure the Boras are nice wheels, but I wanted stay closer to the retro asthetic, plus those Neutrons are no slouch. At some point, the project cost has to be somewhat close to the project intent.

Looks beautiful so it is no surprise to hear it rides as such :)
Wishing you both many happy and carefree miles :)

Jamie

Re: Re:

larrytx01":3qaq4ir7 said:
I am sure the Boras are nice wheels, but I wanted stay closer to the retro asthetic, plus those Neutrons are no slouch. At some point, the project cost has to be somewhat close to the project intent.
As I said its my own personally opinion on what a frame like this deserves as many who buy would indeed go with retro but it'll look just as good with an 80th edition on it...

Enjoy your rides & admiring glances :)

Back