Millenium Falcon

I had to buy a TT bike style saddle to use the aero bars for more than a few seconds, no silver coloured ones were available so I sprayed a SMP hybrid saddle with leather spray dye.

Attachments

• Millennium Falcon EVO-15 c.jpg
    Millennium Falcon EVO-15 c.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 999
Re:

This evolution is now 2 years old, I'm currently working on the next upgrade.

Attachments

• Millennium Falcon EVO-15 e.jpg
    Millennium Falcon EVO-15 e.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 993
Still looking lovely!
It looks fast standing still, so I imagine it's a quick commuter.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":147jbs0n said:
Still looking lovely!
It looks fast standing still, so I imagine it's a quick commuter.

Jamie
Cheers Jamie!
I got tired of those cheeky old ladies on e-bikes zooming past me, now it's quite easy to sustain 20-25 mph an the flat.

Re:

It looks like a Falcon Super Pro to me. You should be able to find various threads online and on this site about them.
There was something recently in retro classics road part of the site. The chap who was the workshop manager in 82 said they were made out of Accles and Pollock cro mo tubing.
The only thing that does not tie up is that you mention it had old rusty components! It would have been fitted with Campag when new.

Re: Re:

Southcoast":kw5mq40y said:
It looks like a Falcon Super Pro to me. You should be able to find various threads online and on this site about them.
There was something recently in retro classics road part of the site. The chap who was the workshop manager in 82 said they were made out of Accles and Pollock cro mo tubing.
The only thing that does not tie up is that you mention it had old rusty components! It would have been fitted with Campag when new.
I bought the frame and forks without the components from Arthur Caygill Cycles in 1989. The metallic paint was already flaking a little so I only paid £25.
It was built up as a cheap and unattractive commuter with steel parts so that no-one would steal it which worked well.
Once I started working in France, I slowly replaced the steel parts with cheap alloy parts as they broke. The most exotic parts are the Shimano 600 hubs taken from my 1987 Peugeot Perthus.
It did have a Cro-mo sticker but I couldn't find anything similar for this paint job so I just stuck Reynolds 531 stickers on - at 2Kg the frame weighs the same as a real 531 frame..
It also had rear mudguard eyelets originally which I removed since the chrome forks don't have them.
I found a photo of what the frame looked like, see attached.

Attachments

• Falcon3L.jpg
    Falcon3L.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 845
Re:

There seems to be some frames with and some without mudguard eyes, dependant on extact model and when made. I believe that Specs could be pretty fluid at Falcon in those days.
I have a Super Pro that's still the same spec as the brochure, but with a Super record rear mech and different saddle.

Back