1954 BSA Tour of Britain Sports

Re: 1953 BSA Tour of Britain Sports

P3141051_zps6cd59opp.jpg

Re:

Thats nice Mike. Is that a Benelux rear mech too? I've got the same combination, but 4 speed.
The BB oiler cap is a "Kingfisher - Leeds" one. I also found an Adams one in my bits box, but it wouldn't fit the hole.

Re: Re:

twosheds":20tqe6ss said:
Thats nice Mike. Is that a Benelux rear mech too? I've got the same combination, but 4 speed.
The BB oiler cap is a "Kingfisher - Leeds" one. I also found an Adams one in my bits box, but it wouldn't fit the hole.

Yes, this machine has Benelux front and back, its pretty much all original. Still works well, although getting used to developing a technique for the front changer took time.

Re:

It's been a while since I updated this thread. I've just finished building these wheels. BSA Continental de Lux hubs, Dunlop Special Lightweight rims and new 17/15 gauge stainless spokes. I'll be offering them up to the frame tomorrow.
30362721384_2d746fb43a_c.jpg

Re:

I finally got the wheels on for a trial fit today. I'm really pleased with how this bike is shaping up.
Next job - brakes and rear mech.

31180548392_85239d2199_b.jpg

30517022423_ff06943f7b_b.jpg

Interesting and forward thinking of BSA to have gear lever braze-ons in 1953...

But strangely no chain stay derailleur cable braze-on. This was added on the later frames.

twosheds said:
I've just finished building these wheels. BSA Continental de Lux hubs, Dunlop Special Lightweight rims and new 17/15 gauge stainless spokes.

Do your hubs have any markings at all? Maybe the crossed rifles logo or BSA stampings?

Back