eBay find *now painted*

Re:

I bought a frameset from BJ a few years ago. Specified the fork type and colourscheme I wanted. It arrived one day later than the six weeks I was quoted! Metallic yellow, btw. Very subtle, but it's there.

Here it is built up ,

WP_20161226_11_35_50_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Great paint job! :cool: Excellent service

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":1jz3jsyr said:
hi have you been in touch with rourkes for a price on your respray yet. i had a full respray done by them about 4 years ago,at a price of £125. the price was ok with me as i had always been in and out of rourkies since a teenager drooling over stuff in there in there old shop before where they are now,so i expected a mint job.

after a month of waiting for that phone call to say its ready i picked it up but my heart sank when he passed it over (to late as i paid up front :facepalm: :facepalm: ) ok so the bike i took in was not a rourke but was a very nice early 90s orbit 450 sp. i picked the nicest colour i could find in their books a lovely burnt yellow gold metallic.

i looked at my receipt which said frame restoration and respray, there was some pitting under the bottom tube when i dropped it off to them which you would expect them to fine filler before any paint but they just went straight over it. it didnt matter what i said as it was to be expected that it would never be mint they said.

just thought i would put you in the picture before you commit with them. needless to say i now do my own repaints having been trained to a degree by a friend who is a professional sprayer.i use custom mixed aerosols(yes rattle cans)from B AND S SUPPLIES in cobridge and produce better looking results in my honest opinion

Hi
I've had them renovate 3 frames for me in the last year or so and to be honest the work has been very good. They've also built me a new frame and again it was excellent.

I wouldn't bother getting a frame done if the chrome wasn't excellent or if it was dented ( although the can brass fill minor dings) This one is sound and the chrome is perfect so I'm expecting it to turn out well.

I'd definitely like to have a go at my own renovations at some point. I suppose I'd still want to get it sand blasted though to get a decent finish. I've heard good things about pro mix rattle cans.

Re: eBay find

What are you guys paying for renovations? My last couple were based on masking chrome ends and RH chain stay, blasted and then finished in 2 colours - usually a main frame and fork colour, contrasting panels on the seat tube, downtube and headtube. BR decals and world champ bands. I think my last job was £810

Retro junkie":28m34pqq said:
hi have you been in touch with rourkes for a price on your respray yet. i had a full respray done by them about 4 years ago,at a price of £125. the price was ok with me as i had always been in and out of rourkies since a teenager drooling over stuff in there in there old shop before where they are now,so i expected a mint job.

after a month of waiting for that phone call to say its ready i picked it up but my heart sank when he passed it over (to late as i paid up front :facepalm: :facepalm: ) ok so the bike i took in was not a rourke but was a very nice early 90s orbit 450 sp. i picked the nicest colour i could find in their books a lovely burnt yellow gold metallic.

i looked at my receipt which said frame restoration and respray, there was some pitting under the bottom tube when i dropped it off to them which you would expect them to fine filler before any paint but they just went straight over it. it didnt matter what i said as it was to be expected that it would never be mint they said.

just thought i would put you in the picture before you commit with them. needless to say i now do my own repaints having been trained to a degree by a friend who is a professional sprayer.i use custom mixed aerosols(yes rattle cans)from B AND S SUPPLIES in cobridge and produce better looking results in my honest opinion
Here's the last one they did for me

Attachments

• or.jpg
    or.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 627

Mike Muz 67":2g8duviz said:
I bought a frameset from BJ a few years ago. Specified the fork type and colourscheme I wanted. It arrived one day later than the six weeks I was quoted! Metallic yellow, btw. Very subtle, but it's there.

Here it is built up ,

WP_20161226_11_35_50_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Great paint job! :cool: Excellent service
A bit yellow for me that Mike :D

Re:

Nice NOS cassette and chain acquired. :D

Attachments

• IMG_5092.JPG
    IMG_5092.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 593
Re:

A couple more bits...
coming together nicely. Also picked up a bag with 3 sets of DA downtube shifters yesterday (one set 8 speed) - £10 fro the Manchester jumble

Attachments

• IMG_5136.JPG
    IMG_5136.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 493
Re:

just finished in cream and winefire red - needs to be pictured outside really as the LEd lighting in the kitchen doesn't show the cream very well. The red pops in natural light done with a silver basecoat and translucent red

Attachments

• IMG_5172.JPG
    IMG_5172.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 427
Back