1975 Peugeot PR10 - project update. Thavenet Theme

toomski":1vy155zz said:
Karlomanx... 2 questions
1. What do you pedal?
2. Why are you described as a devoutdirtbag? ha! ha!

Toomski

1- the answer is in my signature but just for your pleasure here's pics of some of my favs ;) :

3889937855_8641cc35f7_z.jpg

1979 Peugeot PKN10 (in fact I own 2 identical ones, just in case !) that replaced the PR that year

Peugeot%20PHL%2050%20v01.jpg

1953 Peugeot PHL 50

B-Helyett%20Reynolds.jpg

1978 Helyett-Gitane (full Reynolds 531)

Motob%C3%A9cane%20C4%20rdx%20IMGP9526.jpg

1979 Motobecane C4 (full Reynolds 531)

2- it is a retrobike automated nickname

Cheers
Karl[/img]

Wish I had more room.... but then I would need more cash.... more bikes... where does it stop.

I like your machines all good honest stuff.

A Budgie! My first ever bike! If I'd known a lick of paint could have made it come out as nce as that, I would've told my old man to get round it with the rattle can :D

Elev12k":3d4bflsk said:
My neighbour has a PY-10 like pictured above btw. By coincidence I got hands on what I think is a PY-10 cockpit a while ago. Assembled including wrap and cables, but clearly never fitted :roll: Golden Philippe bar and stem. The golden Mafacs with fresh brown hoods. Quite impressive.

This is the cockpit I made mention of >>

5429394836_ac1c9f1c08_z.jpg

large picture

The PÝ-10'tesque cockpit has a stem saying Philippe and not Peugeot. Maybe that does indicate it was not intended for the PY-10 originally. It is a bit dusty, but apart from that you could be mislead and think it just rolled out the factory. In gold I now have:

hubs Gian Robert
cranks and rings Gipiemme, but panto'ed 'Bianchi'
centre pulls Mafac
toe clips

I have a Zieleman and Presto (Serier built) frame in gold paint. Maybe one day I will finish one with the golden stuff and do my rides as pimp.

Re:

Your bicycle looks great. How long was the spindle for the Velo Orange bottom Bracket. I also have a PR 10 I am upgrading with the exact same crank, but I am not sure what size of spindle I should get. I heard that with a stronglight 49D a velo orange BB spindle should be 118 mm?

toomski-

Lovely job on the Thevnet tribute bike. Fond memories of my silver PX 10 of the period. Your addition of the 531 fork makes your PR into a PS 10, strictly speaking, but no matter the designation, it is an evocative and carefully thought out job. You could put an Ideale 2002 saddle on it but it would be too painful to ride! Stick with your TTT.

I'm doing up a 753 Peugeot....having it resprayed at the place that you used for your pearlescent white PY10 (near Manchester)....plus, also doing up a John Pavey!!

Back