New Moulton Day!

fossala

Retro Guru
A few years ago I had a TSR 30 and although I loved the ride (did LEJOG in 7 days) it had it's issues. I sold it and promised to get myself an AM model at some point.

Fast forward 2 years to last weekend. 2 AM18 bikes came up unused for only £2,000. I bought them without hesitation. The guy bought them 12 years ago but because of health issues never used them once. One was too big but the smaller of the two was perfect.

The AM18 is the best AM made as it is the only one that has got the hydrolastic rear suspension reserved normally for the new series.

Anyway, it came with flat bars so I changed it to drops, fitted bar end levers, new brake levers, nitto stem and some randonneur handlebars. It rides perfectly.

Here is a pic, I'm out to work on it tomorrow so will hopefully get some better pictures on the way home then.
LVWxliR.jpg

Re: Moulton

vintagebicycleman":2axznh6c said:
Hi there,

Just a question is the larger of the two bikes surplus? Would it be for sale? What size is it?

Thanks
PM'd you but to make it clear, the other bike is on hold for a mate until he can check it out. After that, if he doesn't want it/we can't agree on a price it will be on the open market.

Re:

I'll get round to posting a FS thread in a few days but the other one is going to be up for sale at £2.6k. This isn't my bike, my Dad fronted the money for this one so the price is fairly firm.

Nob":lvzy1b7v said:
Looking good & maybe better with modern STI levers...
I prefer bar ends. Well I actually prefer STI levers for function but I don't like the shape of the hoods. The new lot look better but the bike is 9 speed.

Re:

Very nice. Test rode one back in the 80's and promised myself then that one day I will have one. I'm holding out for the wealth needed to buy the titanium replica built (With Mr Moulton's permission) in the States. Yeah, like that's going to happen. :LOL:

Re: Re:

peetee":sqkxcm6r said:
Very nice. Test rode one back in the 80's and promised myself then that one day I will have one. I'm holding out for the wealth needed to buy the titanium replica built (With Mr Moulton's permission) in the States. Yeah, like that's going to happen. :LOL:
You do know only one was ever made?

Back