Ex Michael's Jackson/Raleigh, re-listed

Re:

Thanks for your help lads ;)

Now put in a request for a full refund, and to return it. I did ask the seller for a partial refund, but he wasn't interested so that's that.

Sorry Bob, so brother for you :roll:

Mike

Re:

Mike,

I haven't followed this thread fully but as some have suggested the W prefix to the frame number denotes a Nottingham Lightweight Unit frame, Raleigh used this after Worksop closed as a way of differentiating the quality built Nottingham frames from the others (I'm not including Ilkeston).

Your frame looks very much like my, sold on here, Raleigh Road Ace frame (circa 1987/8:cool:, heart shaped cut-outs in the lugs, SBDU lite seat stay caps...a very good frameset...albeit modified heavily (my own was repainted pearl yellow by Chas Roberts with a chrome fork...).

No W prefixed framesets were built from the 531 Pro tubeset.

Hope this helps.

Rk.

N.B Raleigh did sell W prefixed framesets as well as complete bicycles

Re:

Thanks rk,

Started return process. Still unsure about it. It may be a nice Raleigh frame, and a nice paint job. But it's a modified one rebadged.

Worth the £240 posted I paid for it?

Thinking

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":hb4joegh said:
Thanks rk,Started return process. Still unsure about it. It may be a nice Raleigh frame, and a nice paint job. But it's a modified one rebadged. Worth the £240 posted I paid for it?Thinking Mike

Being blunt Mike, it was not worth the money, here's the thread for the Road Ace frame I sold on here, owned by me from new - I rarely sell anything here now though...my stuff is all good quality and with good provenance -

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=292302

Good luck with it.

Rk.

Re:

That's all I need to hear.

Packing up later. After a ride! :cool:

Back