GT EDGE 1997

Not possible that it was ever in the TdF. The only GT's ridden in the TDF were the aluminum GT/Lotto bikes and only for one year. There's been a bunch of good riders race these frames over the years though including:
Stockton, Mionske, Horner. Leipheimer, Hincapie, Freddy Rodriquez all the former racers on the Saturn and Shaklee domestic teams.

Re:

Rebuild 2014
14093783302_3879a15029_c.jpg

14116976353_a52cc63b19_c.jpg

14093676731_8797077455_c.jpg

Nice. I had an early version with the French excell tubing - probably 1993ish. Great bike. I just sold it this spring. I'll probably regret it. I believe many were custom builds, but check the catalogue here. I know I saw the aluminum version in it. Mine was a full Ultegra build with Mavic CXP30 rims.

Re:

gm1230126":20hwawpn said:
Not possible that it was ever in the TdF. The only GT's ridden in the TDF were the aluminum GT/Lotto bikes and only for one year. There's been a bunch of good riders race these frames over the years though including:
Stockton, Mionske, Horner. Leipheimer, Hincapie, Freddy Rodriquez all the former racers on the Saturn and Shaklee domestic teams.

I think the Lotto team were pretty good on them too, including Jo Plankaert! The bikes had a disgusting colour scheme though, IIRC.
Snot green, red and black.
Nice build you have done there, also like the r/w/b one. Was that one made up?

Mike

Back