Modern take on a classic

Re:

Thank you for your appreciation. I have to say I keep going to the shed just to have a look at it.

Built it up with a 10 speed drivechain - ultegra shifters, XT rear mech and XTR 11-36 cassette, SRAM force chainset with 28t ring. I wanted something that can climb pretty much anything all year round here in North Wales, where conditions are often moist. Brakes are the new TRP Spyre SLC mechanical discs which work very well. I built some old Stans 355 29er rims onto new Hope pro4 hubs with 32 DT Swiss Comps per wheel. The new hubs are very smooth and the pick up is excellent.

I've only just started to use Strava and I don't know where any of the segments are, but when I got home after rides on the Isle of Wight I found I'd got a couple of top tens on offroad sections ridden by hundreds people which surprised me a bit as I'm not exactly race fit, though I had felt like I was flying. So this bike must be fast. It's almost tempting me back to racing... but I always used to find it stressful and I'm not sure if I can be bothered with it all again.

Back