Paris Roubaix Bianchi

Piez

Retro Newbie
Piez
In my hunt for the perfect components I thought it was worth sharing with people my new build...

It's 1996 Team Gewiss Bianchi NOS complete with celeste rockshox.

I want to build it up exactly as per intended for Paris Roubaix, with 1996 8 speed Campagnolo record etc.

Given the condition of the frame I'd ideally like mint components to compliment it. So it if anyone knows of any let me know, thanks.

31831e54a1e08a877066ca95e9c636d79dc38708.JPG

154898c12aaa25d2be19218ed9173b8cbdf615b2.JPG

Re:

Cool!

Much nicer to look at than the weird Bianchi frame that the MG team were riding!

What forks are they?

Looking forward to build. Can't help with components though, sadly!

Mike

Re:

I remember that Merckx, think I went to see that race.

I wonder what brake was used on the front of the Bianchi. Would have to be a very deep drop on it

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2simqq0q said:
Cool!

Much nicer to look at than the weird Bianchi frame that the MG team were riding!

What forks are they?

Mike

The MG Bianchi for P-R was very special - it was a full suspension bike - for the front They used like a 1 inch RockShox Judy fork
here is a pic of this bike, which was not enough to beat the non-suspended straight forked MAPEI Colnago bikes

Attachments

• Bianchi P-R 1994.jpg
    Bianchi P-R 1994.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,320
Re: Re:

gridno27":2ytz413a said:
Mike Muz 67":2ytz413a said:
Cool!

What forks are they?

Mike

The MG Bianchi for P-R was very special - it was a full suspension bike - for the front They used like a 1 inch RockShox Judy fork
here is a pic of this bike, which was not enough to beat the non-suspended straight forked MAPEI Colnago bikes

IIRC, Mapei came from the MG team. Being Mapei-MG for at least one year, so wouldn't have been racing against one another

Edit,

My mistake, there was Mapei Clas wasn't there!
Neither bikes were enough to beat a Lemond or a Vitus though. The '94 winning Vitus having Rock Shox. Can't remember if the Lemond had them too, in '93. Or whether Duclos had them in '92.
All this from memory, and it shows! :LOL:

Mike

Latest posts

Back