Carlton Corsair...one careful owner...never raced or rallied

Lycanthropunk":3k0hstpq said:
That is one beautiful looking bike! I love the colour scheme. What size is it? If you ever sell it, I'd certainly be interested! :)

I did indeed sell it - within a day of being on eBay for close to the price that I wanted too. Happy days. Never took any photos of the completed item either (with rack and mudguards fitted). Shame.

Lovely bike though - would've kept it if it was the right size (although I'd always intended it as a resto to sell on).

They do pop up quite regularly on eBay (admittedly not in that condition) so keep an eye out.

As for size I think it was 22 1/2"

sherlylock":33xo12lo said:
I did indeed sell it - within a day of being on eBay for close to the price that I wanted too. Happy days. Never took any photos of the completed item either (with rack and mudguards fitted). Shame.

Lovely bike though - would've kept it if it was the right size (although I'd always intended it as a resto to sell on).

They do pop up quite regularly on eBay (admittedly not in that condition) so keep an eye out.

As for size I think it was 22 1/2"

I'm always late to the party- story of my life! Perfect size for me too- d'oh! I shall keep an eye out, though I'd be surprised to find one in that condition!

This thread has been very helpful to me so thanks for doing such a great resto and putting it on here in such detail. Just done my first ever restoration (most i've done previously was repair a puncture!) on a Carlton Criterium.

Mac2016":3864f7xz said:
This thread has been very helpful to me so thanks for doing such a great resto and putting it on here in such detail. Just done my first ever restoration (most i've done previously was repair a puncture!) on a Carlton Criterium.

No probs! The reason for doing detailed pics is for that reason really - I've learnt all the bike stuff I know from this site and threads with plenty of pics and detail so I thought I'd do the same for other people to benefit from.

Be interested to see pics of the Criterium..... :)

sherlylock":1c5sm49f said:
Mac2016":1c5sm49f said:

No probs! The reason for doing detailed pics is for that reason really - I've learnt all the bike stuff I know from this site and threads with plenty of pics and detail so I thought I'd do the same for other people to benefit from.

They'll be up soon, I've pretty much copied you! Just waiting for some new decals.

If you can now do up a Raleigh Wisp Mixte, that'd be great :LOL:

Mac2016":1cf9prh2 said:
sherlylock":1cf9prh2 said:
Mac2016":1cf9prh2 said:

They'll be up soon, I've pretty much copied you! Just waiting for some new decals.

If you can now do up a Raleigh Wisp Mixte, that'd be great :LOL:

Haha - Not quite the Raleigh Wisp but I've got a Claud Butler Majestique Mixte which I'm doing up for my missus (I'm a bit behind on updating this thread actually)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=356102

Back