Carlton Corsair...one careful owner...never raced or rallied

Re: Re:

gavr":3s3xej6p said:
looking great - smashing job :D

Cheers - slowly coming together. I've broken the back of cleaning the wheels - they still need a little fettling but they're looking way better than before.

Starting to look like a bike again.

Rear brake cleaned and polished

Front hub nice and clean again

Bit of progress on the Corsair. Just the rear derailleur to clean up, LH crank arm to clean up and the gear levers to fit and cable up. (then I'll look at tidying up the mudguards/rear rack).

Front end....

Front brake - Weinmann 610

Bars wrapped and hoods fitted....

Love the brake release lever (for opening the caliper to get the wheel off).....not seen that design before.

Almost done - just the luggage rack and mudguards to clean up and fit (and an initial ride and setup too!)

Need to paint the pedal cages too I think..... :)

AndyMart":14zu8hdm said:
Looking good, like the 50 shades of brown.

Haha.....It's not brown it's bronze! :LOL:

I must admit I can't decide if the brown bar tape is a step too far......considering toning that down a bit and maybe changing to black? :)

Spokesmann":3lqlt8zy said:
Classy looking bike, Carlton still knew how to build a cycle back then...

It is a lovely bike and has cleaned up well. Shame it's too small as I would love to keep it for a bit and enjoy it before selling on.

I'm guessing the date is late seventies/early eighties.....really need to make a note of the frame number to find out the actual year!

That is one beautiful looking bike! I love the colour scheme. What size is it? If you ever sell it, I'd certainly be interested! :)

Back