Another Newby

slipperdaz

Retro Newbie
Hello all.
Newbie, oh no not another one I hear you say. Road bike fanatic since early eighties. First serious road bike, raleigh record sprint 1983/88 until someone relieved me of it. Bummed around on various middlemof the road bikes. Then bought the second best bike I will ever own, Bianchi sprint 28c. What a bike. Moved up to a Scott flat bar to save the back but made it worse. Recently acquired a new version Raleigh revenio 2 which I still havent had time to ride and not sure I will now.......... ladies and gentlemen, call it a mid life crisis,,,,,,, on a visit to my friends bike store in Retford, I saw a heavenly sight...... A Raleigh record sprint in what can only be described as near perfect condition. Even has the hand written receipt cable tied to the saddle rail in a plastic bag. I am chuffed as a child in a sweetshop. Unlike the revenio, this is a keeper..... please take a look at my black beauty. Seems I am having problems loading my images........ ok, anyone have any ides how to post a picture :oops:

(how I add pics) when you start to make a post use the "full editor" button to the right of submit . then a choose file box appears and find the one you want on your computer , there are size limits so before I attempt to upload it I crop off everything un-necessary and sometimes re-size it using MS paint on my PC the limits are 1200 Pixels long AND wide and 550kb size from memory , you then " add the file" and can do that up to 6 times I think

Attachments

• IMAG0744.jpg
    IMAG0744.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 953
I will try when I get on to the pc. Does anyone know any in depth info aboutserial numbers on these bikes the only I have is onthe sticker at the bottom of the seat tube under the front mech....... nothing in the usual places......... Very strange
!

Lovely looking machine!
I just replied to your other thread, you may want to delete that thread rather than have two the same ;)

Jamie

Ok, defo not for sale and how do I delete posts? not very good with pc stuff and struggling to find a delete button.

always wanted one as a kid. I would go as far as to say its a Raleigh icon, instantly recognisable.

I would be tempted to just hang it on the wall and put a frame around it.

Back