Robster's Vitus 992

Re:

Those were the days... Antelope RT 25mile 2 up time trial 1995 in the New Forest. Had been out on the beers the night before and remember basically being a passenger most of the way. that's me at the back with my work mate Kevin on his Graham Weigh (753) - Kevin, if you are around do get in touch!

This was my trusty Vitus 979, Shimano 600 group-set , Mavic GP4 on Campag Record hubs and a set of Scott tri-bars. Still got the wheels on my current 979 (stacked the one in the photo unfortunately).

I can't recall the time we did but I think it was about 1 hour 6 min.

That's a great looking bike.
I really like that colour scheme. ;)

Looking at your pic you bike looks very like the other components I had available for my build.
Shimano 600 group, Retrofriction shifters, mavic rims on campy hubs, early white look pedals etc...
Would have made for a very nice race bike BITD.

Re:

I can assure you I was in a whole world of pain! :LOL:

I didn't answer you question (sorry)- decals were from a company called Wanit, good service. Probably should be a tad more yellow but seem very good quality.

I found my first bike post from 2013 on Retrobike which was my 979.
I will pop up pictures of both bikes shortly if anyone is interested.

Re:

here's is a couple of photos, interestingly the 979 is definitely lighter than the 992 though may be also due to the groupset/wheels as well as the frame.

(reminds me must get a better seat for the 979..)

Re:

Very nice pair of bikes. The blue is lovely.
A Selle Italia Flite would look good, or a Reydel Pro ( preferably a yellow one)?

Re:

I finally got round to getting the wheels sorted - these went off to my local LBS

Campag Omega clinchers and chorus 8 speed hubs -

picked them up today and they look great. I had a set of Mavic tyres in the garage, so all together and finally finished...

Back