Raleigh Light Weight 1987 (Finished Pics on P4 16th Jan)

Re: Raleigh Light Weight 1987 (shiny bits starting to go on)

With the headset sorted, I've now been able to start getting a few other bits pit on. All just temp fitted for now as I can't really get it all bolted on and set up until a few more bits arrive.

Because the frame can take allen key bolts for the brakes I ended up buying an extra rear brake so I can run the allen key fittings front and rear rather than nuts. And I didn't want to take apart my nice nos calipers. So now I have a spare :)

Re:

Why is it that just about all of the frames and components from this era are so beautiful and just about all of the carbon era (i.e. the last 10yrs or so) frames and components are so damn ugly..?

Disc brakes anyone..?

Re: Raleigh Light Weight 1987 (more shiny bits on 1st Nov)

Thats so bang on imho Rapparee

Rear mech, nos chain rings and pedals are all now with me so just bars to decide on, wheels to have built and I can get it all together.

Not alot of movement on this one if honest, sent some bits away to be polished to bring them into line with the other NOS stuff on the bike. Collecting it all today so can start getting in put together. Then its a case of just waiting for the wheels to be built.

Had this from the polisher (who happens to be my painter also)

v nice and no doubt on this one of finding matching bars ! :cool:
any chance a close up of the brake hoods.have they got shimano embossed on them?
i reckon a nos groupo is always extra special.

Thanks oonaff yes nos is great, here are a few more pics will try for a better one of the hoods later for you.

Had the crank arms back from my polisher, even thou they were show bike mounted only they had a few marks and look dull compared to other bits, also had him take out a few marks on the nos seat post.

Wheels are being built as we speak so might just get them back before Christmas if not will be the new year then I can finish her off.

I'd be tempted to find a shimano fluted seat post! The aero one seems out of place on this machine.

I know what you mean but it is a Shimano ex post so should be period correct, its also getting ex pedals.

Loving the build its going to be a stunner
I really love my 531c so nice to ride

Well she's finished...

Raleigh hand made light weight Reynolds 501 frame (never been built until now)
Full Shimano 105 Golden Arrow groupset.
(Front & Rear Mechs, Crankset, Bottom bracket, Headset, Shifters, Brakes and hubs all nos)
Shimano 600 ex pedals (nos)
Shimano 600 ax Seat post (nos)
Shimano 600 ex chain (nos)
Re-pop Rolls saddle
Cinelli Stem (polished)
Raleigh bottle and cage (nos)
Mavic MA rim (nos)
Michelin Hi-Lite tyres (nos)

Hope you like

As always any comments welcome

Back