Keith Coppell Lo-Pro (80's content)

Re:

Yeah my dad used to ride and race with Keith, as did I when I was young (unfortunately my cycling career was cut short at the tender age of 15 when I got run over whilst out training, ruining my dad's old Coppell frame!).
Dad had his made and raced it a good few times. I trained on it a couple times along the rainford bypass. So easy to ride as I remember. I then had Keith make me a road race bike when I was about 19. The intention to start riding properly again! That would be about 23 years ago (time flies) white frame with pink accents and all shimano index gear. It barely got used but I still have it in the shed. Will put a few pics of that up as well :)

Re:

Very intrigued now, certainly looking forward to seeing both bikes - and in all truth would certainly deserve their own thread, yours in the shed sounds like a time capsule example!

I love 'I have this classic bike, it's been in the shed untouched for ages' threads… so Jprees7, let's see this white and pink beast!

Re:

If I'm not at work I'll dig it out this weekend. As it happens I spoke to mum before and the lo pro is in their back room, not the loft, so easy access for pics when I'm next up there. Mines hardly a classic (although 20 odd years old is not far off). Remember it costing me a tidy sum, around £1200 I think?, top of the line in its day. Head stock has been replaced as the original cracked. Couldn't find (or remember) the tape that was on. Have some red to go on instead. This could ignite my desire to get back on my bike :D

That does sound like the kind of bike that should rekindle the riding flame! I'll keep an eye on this thread to see both of yours. My Ian May (another Merseyside name) is mid to late 80s, but it's a classic in my mind!

Re:

You can normally upload to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, copy the image link and paste here - I've done that with some pretty large photos...

Back