FS - Raleigh Chiltern 62cm 1993 - £100 sold p/p

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1993 Raleigh Chiltern for sale at £100 collected from South Manchester (or postage at service of your choice at cost)

Navy blue gents 3 speed traditional bike with extra large 62cm frame to suit rider of 6 foot plus.

27006_417234346170_586536170_5648528_7042216_n.jpg

Proper handsome and comfortable bike in very clean condition. Well made and built to last at Raleigh's legendary factory in Nottingham England.

Traditional lugged steel frame & forks
3 speed Sturmey Archer AW rear hub
weatherproof leatherette sprung saddle with saddle bag loops
polished alloy quill stem and brake levers
full length steel mudguards
shiny chromed steel North Road handlebars (can be inverted to give you a Moustache drop handlebar)
chromed steel rims
German Thun bottom bracket
chromed steel cottered cranks and brake calipers.
wheel & pedal reflectors
alloy kickstand

The hub and brakes have 1993 stamped on them and the rear brake cable is neatly routed inside the top tube. The brakes are not as good as modern bikes but work fine and are correctly adjusted. Has just had a service including full crank rebuild, recently had new rear Schwalbe tyre and brake pads all round plus gold cable crimps and new front brake cable.

Very little rust and is in generally excellent condition for age. The rear end of both mudguards were a bit corroded so I use some black spray paint to prevent further rust - this has smartened up the bike's appearance and I used nicer fittings to finish it off - you only really notice the black in sunlight.

I was watching a Raleigh Chiltern on eBay in same size but slightly better condition which sold for £175 in March.

The hub gears need slight attention by an old fashioned bike mechanic. A new indicator spindle would probably fix the problem as the current one is slightly twisted. The bike however is fine to fine as it is in the middle gear of the three.

I absolutely love it :cool:
Would love swanning around town on one of these, just being cool for the sake of it :LOL:

Back