Very nice Vitus 979 frame * SOLD *

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering very nice 979 frame in 56cm size

Very interesting and light glued aluminium construction. Internal routing for rear brake cable. Seatpost fixation through setscrew(not included). It has Jan Janssen decals as in Holland Vitus was carried under the Jan Janssen brand. The person behind it, Jan Janssen, were winner of the 1968 TdF.

Frame is in very nice shape. Hardly a sign of use. A couple imperfections in decals are actually the only thing worth mentioning.

There is no fork, as it donated its to my FCK9 project.

Looking for 135 GBP shipped

I will do utmost on packaging. I use foam heating insulation tubing and everything will go into a sturdy bike box.

4440071555_f14dca444c_b.jpg

4440070635_6c6d3ea01b_b.jpg

4440848836_df145bdef3_b.jpg

View HERE for more pics.

Vitus 979

First dibs please subject to size info: top tube and seat tube centre to centre. If it fits me, I'll gladly take it off your hands.
:D

I have a fork off a similar sized Vitus available if anyone is interested,
looking for £25 posted

Cheers and apologies for the semi hijack :)

Vitus

'longbeech' - the highjack is valuable; what is the condition of the fork please and do you have any pictures? I'd like first refusal but it must fit this frame correctly....I really don't want to be left scratching around for one.

'Elev12k' - thanks, I'll check sizing today.
You have PM.

Pics as requested, steerer is 148 with 22mm of thread. good condition with a few small scratches that I will polish out of you have it,
Cheers

Hi Longbeech,

Thanks for measuring, but the 979 headtube is already 150mm. The fork that came with the frame had a steerer length of 205mm. That is very long. It will build high, with spacers. With a fork for this 56 frame you could go to max 2cm shorter, so 185mm.

I remember I do have a NOS bonded al Miyata fork available. It is partly painted though, so it needs to be stripped and polished. Once done you will have a hard time noticing it is not a Vitus. It looks very good, is well made, light and stable.

Thanks for that - I was not sure which vitus it was as the frame was wrecked but I thought it was around the 55/6 mark. Did other models have a shorter head tube?

Cheers

Back