WTD first road racer bike

SNight

Retro Guru
I am after a 1980's raod racing bicycle. Always owned mountain bikes but now want a road bike for fitness and commuting. I like the Italian makes but I will consider anything. Looking to spend upto about £250 on a useable bike but will consider bikes that need some work for less. I am about 6 feet tall. Thanks.

racing bike

Hi,i've got a Holdsworth Criterium which is the right size for you,needs a new home as i dont use it and it's too good to break really.501 double butted frame,no mudguard eyes,700c fir rims in black on shimano 600 hubs,shimano 600 shifters(downtube mounted),front and rear mechs,shimano exage brakes,levers and crankset.No name alloy stem and bars,steel headset.
The bike is in white,the transfers are rather faded and there are age related chips and marks.
If you want me to email some photo's pm me your email and i'll send some.
If you do have it i'll strip it down and service everything and touch in any marks and fit some new bar tape.
£120 including shipping.

Just a quick thank you to everyone who replied or PM'd me, much appreciated. I have agreed a deal for a Bob Jackson to pick up at the weekend. Thanks again.

Managed to copy the pictures he sent me, so here it is. Sort of fell for it as soon as I seen it, love the coulour and the campagnolo bits. Like to hear your comments if it is any good or not!

Attachments

• Bobjackson1.jpg
    Bobjackson1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 662
  • bobjackson4.jpg
    bobjackson4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 660
  • bobjackson2.jpg
    bobjackson2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 658
  • bobjackson3.jpg
    bobjackson3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 658
That is lovely! Those GP4's could be a pain with the tubs but all in all a bargain for a beautiful well equipped bike from a classic builder. Nice find congrats!

I will be commuting to somebody's house in the morning. So I will be able to put it away inside. Thanks for the warning though!

Back