Wanted £150ish 1990's bike 531

warrior4life

Old School Hero
Doesn't have to be to pretty or new but ideally a sound runner, i dont mind if there are a few bits missing or need replacing, im 6ft so a 56-58 frame.
Will travel within 100 miles of hull to pick up or i'll pay postage.
Not a triple or single speed.. Pics if poss.

Carlton Carrera 23.5"

Hello

I don’t know if you have found a bike yet? I have got a Carlton Carrera frame which is Reynolds 531 throughout. The frame size is 23.5” or 59cm, I’m 6 foot 1.83m and it is perfect for me.

The frame has been professional repainted by a guy who previous worked for Raleigh Special Products. The wheels are Mavic Cosmos and it has a Shimano 8 speed cassette although it will take a 9 speed one if required. The gear levers are Shimano 105 running on friction and not index, the front and rear mech are Shimano, the crankset is unbranded, the brakes are Campagnolo Grand Sport. The bike is in good working order the only issue is the rear adjuster screws, in the rear drop outs have broken but this doesn’t affect the frame or the bike. If you wanted these could be drilled out, Mercian charge £10 per side.

For pictures search Carlton Carrera on flickr my user name is robbiebee1

I am based in Stokesley in North Yorkshire I am wanting £150. Best regards,

Rob

Hi, I already got a bike (wish i'd waited though because yours is great)
I'm going to pass your message onto a friend as he is interested in your bike... Regards, Ben.

Back