Bates Fixed Gear

dicki

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi All ,

I am posting on behalf of a friend who has an old Bates fixed gear bike for sale. I am not in possesion of all the facts but here is what I have been sent so far. Chris is looking to get some photo's together and more details on the bike. Sorry to be so vague, hopefully will have more shortly.

Hi Julian,
The Bates (of Plaistow) fixed wheel, has a frame size of 610 mm and a top tube length of 595mm (appx centre to centre of the tubes), the paint work is original,is in cream with red highlights around the lug work, the forks being the classic swept forward type.
It has the original transfers and is in good condition , It also has a Brooks saddle,alloy drops and a pair of red plastic mud guards, a CL cotter pined chain set, ( CL being part of the chain ring),rat catcher pedals and a pair of duralin hubs (with grease nipples) on alloy rims (unknown),continental tyres 27" x 1&1/8" and GB Courier side pull caliper brakes.
The red handle bar tape and white brake lever hoods are a little sun bleached but still good.I haven't checked but probably built in the early 70,s or late 60,s
I,m looking for some sensible offers its a real classic ,

Back