Loan of TA? Old Campag? crank extractor

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I need to remove an old Williams crank but when I offered up my crank extractor it just slipped straight in as the thread isn't big enough. I think I've seen TA crank extractors being sold on Ebay and presume that this is the size I need, thing is I haven't a penny to my name at the moment so wondered if someone might loan me one? Please???

When I post it back I can add some stamps or perhaps I'll have a few pennies to rub together by then....

Im in the same boat but with a Stronglight crank remover- so just about to buy one- but it will be 0.3tpi too big for you!!! Why!? This is where you wish the world was more like soviet russia, where everything is one size... :evil:

Argh! I've been the very little information I can find on these cranks and am not so sure I do need the TA extractor now.

"The Williams AB77 extractor was more or less the same as Campagnolo's. The TA (a French company) extractor of the time was 23.0mm, Stronglight's (also a French company) was 23.15mm whereas everyone else was, and still is, using 22.0mm"

So I guess I need an old thread Campag extractor!!??

Please someone help!

I removed a Williams chainset from a Carlton with a standard crank puller though i had a 23mm TA puller I didn't get to check to see if that fitted either. I sold both on knowing I wouldn't use them.
So maybe your's is just a bit worn maybe?

Back