excellent condition Koga ProRacer frame * SOLD *

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering excellent condition 1981 Koga-Miyata ProRacer frameset

You like the idea of a high end Japanese zero flaw build quality frame for upcoming spring- and summer rides? This could be something for you.

Imo very nice blue/gold composition, the scheme as used by the IJsboerke and Capri Sonne teams back in the day. Frame showing neat lugs, transitions, braze ons and other frame detailing. I am letting it go as it is multiple sizes too small for me. I regularly experience the joy of riding one in my own size >>> pictures

Frame would form a great match with a full Dura Ace EX groupset.

Features:
- Tange Champion tubing
- Microfusion lugs with 'M' cut outs
- open BB shell
- Shimano dropouts
- Shimano shift cable guides
- 7 step coat, galvanized
- chromed fork and tail for optimal rust protection
- Size: 52DD

Comes with:
- excellent Dura-Ace EX headset

Note on condition:
Excellent condition. Paint still has original like new gloss and is pretty much unmarked. Only serious sign of not being new is given away by the panels. They do have some marks, the largest present on seattube panel, shown in 2nd pic below. With my own ProRacer I succesfully touched up such spot with gold enamel. Structurally the frame is 100+%. Hardly ridden.

Sizing:
This is a 52DD frameset. It specifically designed with keeping Dyna Drive pedals in mind. With these pedals your foot is positioned in the center of the (virtual) axle, instead of on top the cage (for improved pedal feel and low drag position). Koga specced a slightly shorter seat and headtube, but in length it is like a regular 52cm C-T frame. With Dyna Drive pedals it is perfect, with normal pedals you have to lift seat and cockpit 1.2cm.

Looking for 230 GBP including shipping

View all pics >>>

Go HERE

4288023565_93ed475ac2_b.jpg

4288025711_811da7af38_b.jpg

4288015969_1841b8b0d6.jpg
4288762234_e551ffe617.jpg

4288759772_96a0597700.jpg
4288758286_0f112dfb22.jpg

4288019793_2981e73d08.jpg

4288755952_3cec208108.jpg

I can't afford it at the moment with the Hei Hei and its associated customs charges on its way :?

But just out of interest whats the top tube length please ;)

Tempted to get this for the wife, the trouble is :oops: to get her up and running I'd have to build it up with a late 80s 600 groupset :oops:

Not sure I've got the heart to do it to such a nice frame :?

I have a 1984 Koga 'Pro Am' with a 'New 600' groupset of the same year icw 600AX callipers/levers and bottle. It looks and functions really okay and I could imagine it would work with the ProRacer too. Picture (right bike) >> here and here

Late 80s 600 would not be my cup of tea. I would buy new or try to swap.

Other groupsets I would consider for a ProRacer:
- Shimano: Dura Ace, Dura Ace EX, Dura Ace AX or a mix of these 3
- Suntour: Superbe
- and even Campagnolo: NR or SR (would be a really exotic It/Jp mix)

If you want, the frame can also be had without the DA EX headset.

If you want, I can provide a DA Dyna Drive crankset with pedals and clips. Not as mint as the frame, but still tidy.

Back