Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:07 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Colnago & Moser for Sale
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:57 am 
Old School Hero

Hello to all!
I want to sale 2 of my bikes.

1. Colnago 56 cm very good condition no dings dongs dents - GBP 550,–
2. Moser 58 cm top tube is a mess, rust only on surface - GBP 275,–
-> both free shipping around the planet, people from mars pay extra
-> To expensive? Let me know - I am open to all offers!

Much more pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wingsofste ... 213792914/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wingsofste ... 213794896/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Quote:
Hello to all!
I want to sale 2 of my bikes.

1. Colnago 56 cm very good condition no dings dongs dents - GBP 550,–
2. Moser 58 cm top tube is a mess, rust only on surface - GBP 275,–
-> both free shipping around the planet, people from mars pay extra
-> To expensive? Let me know - I am open to all offers!

Much more pictures:

Eh. I'm sure most people here would recognise a fake anyway, but isn't that 'Colnago' a Vitus... i mean the stickers are great, but don't add oh say 400 odd quid onto what is a decent but unexceptional bike. creative cropping... so can't see any pantographing, but then that's probably the point. The offer of free postage is kind though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Yeah, just in case anyone's interested in that Colnago, it's not a Colnago!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:28 pm 
Old School Hero

legend wrote:
The offer of free postage is kind though!

lol 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 pm 
Old School Hero

Well my english is not enogh to defend myself, but I own more than one Colnago. Also more than 10. A usere who registered new and did one post ... excuse me, but this is not fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear

Guys, let's keep comments to a minimum although I'd suggest a photo of a clover leaf b/b cut out or an Ace of Clubs or Colnago engraved lug would help to confirm it's authenticity without a doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 am 
Devout Dirtbag

legend wrote:
Well my english is not enogh to defend myself, but I own more than one Colnago. Also more than 10. A usere who registered new and did one post ... excuse me, but this is not fair.

Hands up, I'm a newbie to this site! True! I also have good intentions and like to do my bit for the cycling community... I have lurked on the site for a while soaking the knowledge up and maybe it just took you're attempt to defraud someone for me to post?

I have also owned several Colnagos (and a Vitus), and also know what an original looks like. I have also bought a couple online, and stared longingly at a few thousand more of the them, and know that any listing has gratuitous pictures of all those beautiful colnago pantographs. Yours don't. And following a link to the singlespeed.at site featured at the bottom of your profile there is actually listing for a 'Vitus Colnago' for a similarly disguised Vitus. What a co-incidence (Zufall in Deutsch angezeigt, wenn Sie es vorziehen) For an example Colnago listing;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLNAGO-OVAL-CX-P ... 040wt_1165

I really don't see what your level of English has to do with honesty-if you're saying you own 10 Colnago's then you would definitely know what you're selling, and you'll know therefore that the gipiemme dropouts and groupo, as well as lugs, make this bike look like a Vitus that's just been puked on by a Colnago merchandiser. But, as said-post some pictures (of the same bike of course) including the pantographing and I'll eat my left nut.

This might be a fault of mine but I don't really mince my words... I've not been on this site long but there's clearly a lot of people who love bikes and know their stuff, I think you're either very stupid or very optimistic to put that ad on here, as well as very cynical. Replacing the Columbus sticker with a Concor Rolls one was really a nice detail though-I've always wanted a frame that rides like a bit of leather. So, post the pics, or, stop trying to rip people off.

Cheers!

[/img][/url]

Last edited by Gregorio on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:31 am 
Old School Hero

hear hear....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:47 am 
Retro Guru

Wow!
Well, depending on the authenticity of the bike, I think this is either very brave and necessary commentary (you'd have my respect for sure), or an utterly rude and inappropriate introduction...

Please lets have some definitive pic's to sort this out. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 am 
Devout Dirtbag

[quote="ferrus"]Wow!
Well, depending on the authenticity of the bike, I think this is either very brave and necessary commentary (you'd have my respect for sure), or an utterly rude and inappropriate introduction...

Please lets have some definitive pic's to sort this out. :?[/quote]

Eh, reading the thread I can understand why you may have that impression, and my humble sincere apologies for that-it's not a nice way to enter the community. Rest assured, I did closely look at all pics before I posted the first comment, and the reply was more than a little annoying it infers the rest of us are thick.

This irritation may have something to do with recently receiving an Olmo frame with threaded BB though... And I'm an irritable Scot which probably doesn't help. Anyway, if I'm wrong and this is the only Colnago ever made without a single cloverleaf, I'll apologise to everyone and do the walk of shame, if not forgive the directness and apologies again anyway.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next