Offering Presto 'Model Jan LeGrand' frameset + parts * SOLD *
For period correct build with Super or Nuovo Record
Rare circa 1976 frame built by Jan Legrand. JLG is well known as builder of Prestos, but also as head mechanic of TI Raleigh and master builder for the TI Raleigh team. With his strive for perfection and his interesting detail solutions I personally consider him the best among the Dutch masterbuilders.
Every Presto is unique. I have seen frames with alike detailing, but that also had things done differently at other places. Recognizable as Presto, but you won't find a second.
- full 531 tubing
- Cinelli lugs with cut outs everywhere
- 3ple 'X' present on top seatstays
- 3ple 'X' engraved under bb shell
- Campagnolo drop outs with drillings
- Presto typical fork
- very light for a 531 frame
- Seattube: 56cm C-T
- Toptube: 560mm
All original finishing with patina. No concours example, but view it is a great oppertunity to actually ride an unique frame without feeling too guilty. There is surface rust visible there were the chain hit the chainstay and on the non drive rear dropout. Paint shows marks of use, like scratches and chips. Structurally the frame is 100% sound. View pics to form your own opinion.
- Campagnolo Super Record headset. Repacked with new Campag bearings and Motorex grease. Supersmooth.
- Campagnolo Super/Nuovo Record bottom bracket with proper steel spindle. Repacked with Motorex. Supersmooth, zero play.
- Campagnolo Super/Nuovo Record downtube shifters
- rust prevention treatment with Fluid Film AS-R oil
This chassis is ready for immediate build.
Looking for 220 GBP shipped
View all pics >>>
I have also an early 90s Batavus Professional available atm. View it here
_________________official OW 2010 Concours de Elegance jury member
Enter Elev12K's candy store * Vitus FCK9