SOLD 700C Campag /Mavic MA40 wheelset

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
SOLD Campagnolo Record hubs (maybe super record?) with the greaseport clip around the middle. Pretty smooth rolling all round. The MA40's have the older gold label on them are in excellent & good condition respectively. The front rim has hardly any markings to the brake surface at all & good condition eyelets. The rear has some wear to the anodising but most of the eyelets have some surface rust(the worst is pictured). The spokes are tapered (double butted) though are tarnished given they are glavanised I've tried polishing them up on the front to some degree but these wont be anywhere near as shiny as stainless steels ones. Not sure on make but they have a 4 leaf clover emblem on the end (it looks like that anyway)
These are 36 spoke, BSC threading & weigh 1784g, there are no Q/R skewers, Velox rim tape. Photos 2,3 & 5 are of the front rim. Last pic shows the worst of the wear to the rear rim.
£55 collected or £65 posted which includes full insurance.

Very sorry but I was 2 minutes too late emailing him , he'd just won a set on Ebay pretty much the same as these yours are a better deal though!

Good luck with the sale.

for info, the 4 leaf clover symbol are Berg spokes. Their usual spokes were chrome plated (looked good, but rusted and were brittle). the ones you have are the rustless version, altho' in truth the galvanising wasnt as hardy as other makes.

pigman":2xzq3420 said:
for info, the 4 leaf clover symbol are Berg spokes. Their usual spokes were chrome plated (looked good, but rusted and were brittle). the ones you have are the rustless version, altho' in truth the galvanising wasnt as hardy as other makes.
Cheers for that info.

Tel":2xzq3420 said:
Very sorry but I was 2 minutes too late emailing him , he'd just won a set on Ebay pretty much the same as these yours are a better deal though!

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks for letting me know, looks like I have a buyer in any case.

Back