FS claud butler

flynn160603

Devout Dirtbag
Hello folks, new here and my first post is a classified, apologies for that but needs must and such.

I have an old Claud Butler racing bike which i've been using for commuting over the last 2 years which i'm going to sell and put some money towards a modern bike

Its got a mix and match list of components but they all seem to work well, i'm no expert but i'll give you what I know, pedals and saddle will be swapped out as i'm keeping them

051009093.jpg

051009169.jpg

22" (I think) 531 frame and forks, plenty of scratch's but no dents/bends, its a holdsworthy built frame according to a sticker, it has the old style CB head badge which is metal
Cranks - TA specialities, in VGC, double chainwheel decals perfect
Rear Derallieur -Shimano Tiagra 9 speed only fitted as thats all i could get my hands on
Front derallieur - Suntour Superbe
Shifters - Bar end suntour
Wheels - unsure of rear, front sora hub, unbranded rim
Brakes - R Accor long reach, F Weinmann centre pull, Exage brake levers

I stuck a minora bottle cage on there as theres no fixings to accept a cage and I also stuck a cheap computer on there which I'm not worried about keeping

I had intended to keep this strip it down and restore it but with a young family and MTB projects which need sorting out i'm not going to have the time and as much as i like the look of vintage road bikes I just need one for getting around

I'm based near Bristol, bike can be viewed in the day at my place of work in Bristol if required

I'm not after a kings ransom for the bike and i'm looking for £100.00 not sure if this is realistic but I thought it would be a good starting point

I would welcome any feedback, probably best to e mail me direct

flynn160603":2o0n536m said:
No worries i'll measure it tonight when I get home, do i measure the top tube from centre to centre ??

Yeah please. Also, what stem is on there? Can you also tell me your height too? It looks the right size...

leelovesbikestoo":efb2af99 said:
flynn160603":efb2af99 said:
No worries i'll measure it tonight when I get home, do i measure the top tube from centre to centre ??

Yeah please. Also, what stem is on there? Can you also tell me your height too? It looks the right size...

22 and 1/2" top tube and a 50mm stem if you could let me know lee I would appreciate it

I have that exact same frame (colour, size, everything) and it's one of my favourite bikes ever. They ride nice those Holdsworthys.

Back