[ebay.co.uk]Raleigh Team Pro 753

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
John":1xqnlnak said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190356048356&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Serail would indicate earlier than 84 I think? Otherwise good BIN.

I think that you're correct about the serial number. The serial number on my bike is SB7953 - and I was told that it was from 1984.

The seat stays are positioned differently on my bike; also, my doesn't have a 'cutout' under the BB or drilled dropouts.

My bike has a sort of 'tab' under the top tube - which the bike on Ebay doesn't - what are they for ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
the eBay frame doesn't have a racing number holder - if you mean that piece?

Elev12k":3fzkh2v2 said:
the eBay frame doesn't have a racing number holder - if you mean that piece?

That's the bit; but if mine was a racing bike, why doesn't it have the cutout BB or the drilled dropouts (as on the Ebay frame) - surely, they'd have wanted to take out as much weight as possible ?

The seat stays are positioned differently on my bike; presumably, a later modification ?

Custom spec? Anyone could spec a racing number holder if they wanted one.

Believe the drilled ends were for a more criterium/tt orientated model, but am not sure on this.

Your frame is more recent.

I've owned a ca 1980 753. It showed a lot resemblance with some of the Prestos I do still own. Not a coincidence of course, as they were of Jan Legrand's hands too. There also excisted 753 Prestos, but so rare.

Back