perfect condition Zieleman Type Special, C-Record

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I do know this bike and its seller. I have seen the bike live. Conditionwise it is very near to perfect. You can see someone sat on the seat a couple times and the pads have had an occasional modest touche with the rim, but you won't find them much nicer.

Specs are impressive with a 'Zieleman' pantographed 1R and near complete C-Record, bar Chorus levers and I think hubs.

Zieleman Type Special

View his other classifieds too:
- Zieleman track
- Gazelle Champion Mondial track, NR Pista
- Zieleman Type Special, Croce d Aune

Very tidy indeed although the front tyre clearance on the track bike is :shock:

I guess they won't be going cheap.

Mmm, nice collection! Hope these adverts appearing in English doesn't been maarktplaats will get too big for the astute Dutch collector ;)

Interesting to see what appear to be cable guides for ergos on the HT of the CDA Zieleman.

Do you think the zieleman with c-Record is of a similar age to the gorupset? My zieleman looks similar to this frame (decals, lugwork etc as best I can see in small pics) yet I would've assumed it to be early 80s.

John's >>>

3646832743_be887b9996_b.jpg

The C-Record is all original spec John. I would say it is from around '87, what is also more or less the same year as my blue one. I think yours is approx '84/'85 and from the person I picked it up from I understood he regularly upgraded it with the 'old' parts he got from his uncle for cheap or free. That probably explains the mix of Dura Ace, NR/SR, Superbe of various age.

The white one with Croce d Aune is newer. I learnt from Simon that he got the frame at the old little Zieleman shop what is nowadays a Dutchbike repairshop. Run by Ko's son in law. He also acquired a 50th anniversary group there and that is what he built the bike with. After a while Simon discovered he liked the idea of speccing it with a Delta group, so that is why it is equipped with non period correct CdA now. The 50th went to me.

Thanks for the info. Might be possible to date it also from the 'Columbus' decal. Had assumed you'd built the Zieleman ready for Edwards - looks like a signature 'lash up' build.

Elev12k":mbg1to3u said:
The 50th went to me.

:shock:

John, this is how an early 80s looks like >>>

3469903599_fd57a45a1a_b.jpg

3470723196_5961d22f9c.jpg

Serial# 78090. My guess is 1982, but I am not exactly sure. Could be '83 also.

Back