Serotta Tri Colorado full bike

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
I have a very rare US hand-built steel Serotta Tri Colorado tt/triathlon bike for sale, c 1993 vintage in original flo pink/orange fade paintwork

These were a very limited edition at the time and mine is in good condition overall except for a non structural dent in the seat tube near to the front mech clamp - I've tried to show it in the pics in the link below

I have only recently bought the bike and have had the wheels rebuilt and upgraded the bars, stem, saddle, cables. Spec as below:

The frame is 54cm centre to centre square and a perfect fit for me at 5'10" ish with the set up shown
Wheels are Miche hubs (7 speed) on Mavic Open 4 CD 650C rims (virtually no marks to the grey anodising on the rims - lovely)
Continental GrandPrix tyres
Shimano Ultegra/600 cranks, front & rear mechs and front brake caliper (for some reason the rear is a 105!) - the groupset is like new
Expensive teflon coated gear cables just fitted
Sachs Quartz downtube mounted shifters (matching grey finish to go with the Ultegra/600 groupset)
3ttt bars with brand new Cinelli Micro Splash NOS 1990's bar tape in matching pink/orange/yellow to go with the frame!
ITM Millenium stem
Ritchey seatpost
Flite Ti saddle (mint)
I even managed to get hold of a NOS Elite flo yellow bottle cage to complete the full on 90's theme!

I'm looking for £475 ono

Pics below and here: http://mike-dean.fotopic.net/c1786942.html

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,222
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,220
I thoughts someone would have my hand off for this, it's so beautiful!

Kind of suggests I've overpriced it - please feel free to make offers - I can only say no!

:D

Hi Dave, yes, 'tis I, Mike!

I hear what you say - but a Serotta!! - anyone who knows their onions surely knows the power of the brand/quality of the craftsmanship??

http://www.cyclefit.co.uk/serotta.html

I've had one before and they realy are lovely - just not a known brand here in the UK - up there with Roberts, Dave Yates, etc in terms of quality.....

and, with just a few hours left, its only at £81!!!

Suspect that the 650c wheels reduced the selling price by at least a third. In terms of quality, someone got a bit of a bargain.

Back