Gazelle Champion Mondial AA-frame 'rolling chassis'

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering late 70s Champion Mondial AA-frame in nice aqua paint

I let it go with pain in my heart, but I have to as I committed to a cleaning. The frame has a nice aqua colour paint and chrome forks and tail. This is result of a repaint done at Gazelle around 1990. Nowadays stuff is obsolete within a few years, but back than you simply gave your frame a refinishing to make it ready for the next couple decades. Proper old world quality :)

It is an AA-frame. A couple luxories point at that, for example the ROTO Italy bottom bracket shell and chainstay bridge >>

3761440259_7270bc3a9c.jpg

The pic also unveils the AB decal on the left chainstay. Well, that is incorrect. Being a good bikepainter doesn't necessarely mean that you are good at Gazelle history obviously. The paint still has a nice 'like new' gloss, but there are a couple imperfections were paint had a touche. Nothing till on bare metal and everything seems easily touch up-able with the right enamel from the model build shop. Two more signs of not being new anymore: Little rustworm near 1st brake cable guide tt and a dent right under middle of tt, not very well visiable as long as you keep the rubber down. Overall this frame has a great appearance imo.

Features:
- full Reynolds 531
- Bocama long point lugs
- Campagnolo drop outs
- ROTO Italy BB shell
- butterfly brake bridge
- fancy chainstay bridge
- Gazelle engravings on top fork crown
- chrome forks and stays
- Seattube 57cm c-t
- Toptube 56cm (c-c)
- racing number fitting (added with the refinishing)

Comes with:
- Stronglight needle bearing headset in great shape

Optional:
- I do have Vredestein Ricorso tyres in same colour as the frame :shock:
- Maillard Normandy high flange hubs laced using DT spokes to polished Mavic rims. Look like fine wheels to me, but bearings need to be repacked after long time not being used (grease hardened) and rear needs trueing.

Because I give no guarantee for success on the wheels I am willing to trow them in at no additional expense! Same for the tyres incl innertyres. They go well with the frame and I were busy cleaning as I already told you ;)

View all pics >>

Go HERE

Looking for 185GBP including shipping * SOLD *

3761410955_ef5959ca48_b.jpg

3761429391_308ffb6fdc.jpg
3762217570_cc1df2403f.jpg
3762220766_79d36993e9.jpg

3762228282_7b98289cdc_b.jpg

why oh why did I click on this page knowing full well that:

a: I have no money to make even a cheeky offer

b: I'm not likely to have any money either

The frame found a new happy owner :D