Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The Retro Roadie Pimp I tells ye!

pimp.jpg

just look at what he waves under our noses!

3592135840_f0516aa3df_b.jpg

4082132701_4a48bcbbca_b.jpg

4080540035_f8328159b1_b.jpg

4029102639_19cdf2b5ca_b.jpg

Even I, well known tight fisted git failed to simply ignore the steel delights on offer, got the shakes and just had to buy something...

beware... :shock:

:D :D :D ;)

legrandefromage":1jy9jwlr said:
The Retro Roadie Pimp I tells ye!

:D :D :D ;)

You say ''roadie'', but initially I were only interested in mountainbiking and mountainbikes. That lasted for almost 20 years long. At some point I decided I were done with mountainbikes and also health issues forced me to do some more moderate touring, so roadbikes caught my interest and I started to ride them intensively. That is now only 2 or 3 years ago.

I took off collecting roadbikes at a much greater pace as what had been the case with MTBs. Like all I too have to deal with the usual constraints in money, time and space, so sometimes when something comes is another thing has to go. Also happenings like for example a move caused reinventarisations of what I really need.

The first roadbike I let go was actually a crossbike. It was about 2 years ago that I advertised below NR/Cinelli/Mafac/Turbo specced Guerciotti for if I recall correctly 135 euro shipped overhere. After many weeks of waiting still no takers :? In the end it sold to an in house architect from Amsterdam who considered it the right bike for visiting his clients.

472475190_100dab99a2.jpg

I think of all the bikes I let go I regret the Champion Mondial Time Trial (frame) the most. See picture below (I do not even have a proper pic of it :( ) That would have been so awesome finished with DA 7402, AX brakes, Syncros stem & Ti post and yellow Vredestein tyres. Fortunately recent acquires of two other CM TT machines prooved to be a good medicine to soften the pain a bit ;)

3182155060_6b0817b852.jpg

Back