Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, 1988/89 Team Domex/Weinmann Campy

bushaes

Retro Newbie
For sale, my Eddy Merckx Corsa extra. About a year ago now, I decided to take up cycling because I was going to move from biathle to triathlon, so I got this bike at a small auction house in Belgium (where I was living) thinking it was just an old road bike, something to get started on. I did a bit of research afterwards and so I am selling it basically because it is under apreciated here, I didn't ever get round to take up cycling, because as a medical student I have enough on my plate with swiming and running, and I could use a bit of extra cash.

Now onto the bike:
From what I have mannaged to research off the internet, it is a 1988/89 corsa extra painted with team Domex/Weinmann colours. It is fitted with all campognolo components I think, derailleurs, brakes, wheels. I suspect probably mostly original parts. It has white 'pro' brand grip (looks quite new) and I have the Italia seat that was on it when I got it, but it was a bit dammaged, so i replaced it with another old seat I had lying around, but I still have the original.
I just measured the frame and here are some rough measurements:
TT: 22 1/2 inches (57 cm)
ST: 23 inches (58.5 cm)
HT: about 7 inches(17/18cm)
SB: about 7 inches(17/18cm)
I tried contacting the eddy merckx factory with the serial, but I didn't get a reply (something that seems like a common complaint I saw from other forum posts). Please post any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Asking £450 but much much room for negotiation
Thanks
Alex

img]http://img30.imageshack.us/i/img1975kl.jpg/[/img]
img1976p.jpg

img1977ot.jpg

img1979sk.jpg

img1979sk.jpg

img1983d.jpg

img1985b.jpg

img1986g.jpg

img1987aw.jpg

img1990dl.jpg