FS: Red Hope Hub 32hole

tightline99

Dirt Disciple
HOPE 32 Hole red front hub.

Made in 2003

Cosmetically in good condition.... only a few tiny marks where spokes have been (not noticeable when laced up).

BRAND NEW bearings so feels as good as new!

£35 posted (open to offers)

Attachments

• Scotts Photo0126A.jpg
    Scotts Photo0126A.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 536
How come you're selling it, have you had a change of plan?

If I'd seen this for sale a couple of months ago it would have been like all my birthdays and christmases had come at once...

Yeah i bought it to put on a mavic ssc road rim bt then got a cool ringle superbubba in blue so choosing between the 2, i had to go for the ringle!!!

Therefore, this is now surplus to requiremets!

Having new bearings put in it today so it will be as good as new :)

tightline99":2vnl1r25 said:
Yeah i bought it to put on a mavic ssc road rim bt then got a cool ringle superbubba in blue so choosing between the 2, i had to go for the ringle!!!

Therefore, this is now surplus to requiremets!

Having new bearings put in it today so it will be as good as new :)

Oooooh, how are you having that done, is it LBS or back-to-Hope?

The bearings in my hub (the same one as you've got) need doing too - the hub hasn't even been laced to a wheel, so I don't know what has gone wrong with it - unless the bike shop had been storing it underwater for some reason? I don't know.

I just tapped the axle through from one side and took it full out.
Then you can remove the bearings still n the axel (other side from where you tapped) an replace it.
The cap on the side where you tapped should come off easily and the bearing on that side can be nudged out with a screw driver.
Then place a new one in.
Pop the axel with the far cap and bearings on back thorugh n replace the 2nd cap.
Andjust squeeze togther really tight to make sure the bearings are seated.

Any bike shop will do it easily and the bearings can be got from any bearing shop.... just quote the number on the old one (i think its a 609 but not sure)

Hope this helps

Back