SOLD; Peugeot 'Competition' 531 frame/forks SOLD

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
NOW SOLD:Reynolds 531 Pug 'Competition' frame with nice chrome ended forks, lightrace headset,Bottom bracket, Simplex FD (but not the friction shifters). The frame is in pretty good shape though does have a couple of chips & some scuffs/scratches the worst of which is below the front derailleur. Seat tube is 21.5" c-c & 22"c-t and a top tube of 21.75"/55cm. The headset is nice & smooth, the bottom bracket has a small amount of play in it though does rotate smoothly otherwise, I dont have the correct spanners for this type of BB but should be an easy adjustment otherwise. The rear dropout adjusters have free movement though the drive side one is broken on the outside end so you'd need a small nose plier to adjust it from inside the dropout if required but it is correctly positioned at present. Rear spacing is approx 127mm though it had a Mavic 501 130mm hub in there until recently.
There are braze ons on the down tube & mudguard eyelets on the forks/rear dropouts. Weight is 3.65kg for frame/Forks/BB/derailleur.

The forks ends are slightly out from each other see the second photo with the shoulders aligned properly, they're not accident damaged and certainly no creases/cracks anywhere or paint splitting & the right leg is not touching the floor only because it was rested against the box. So when putting a wheel in it needed slight re-alignment rather than just dropping an axle straight in before tightening up, not a big deal really but needs mentioning, it certainly didn't affect the handling in any way.
I'm after £50, I do have a decent fluted SR seatpost (26.4mm/175mm uncut) which can be had for an extra £5

now this is right up my street....

but without any means of payment, bugger bugger bugger unless you take empty crisp packets and a cheese sandwhich?

legrandefromage":3el30zfn said:
now this is right up my street....

but without any means of payment, bugger bugger bugger unless you take empty crisp packets and a cheese sandwhich?
sorry pretty good at butty making :LOL: pounds sterling or euros only, let me know when you are flush again :D

will do my bes but cant promise anything.

I miss my PX10:

peugeot_px10_531_144.jpg

legrandefromage":17gzhr7m said:
will do my bes but cant promise anything.

I miss my PX10:

peugeot_px10_531_144.jpg
Yummy bike that, I've got a Super Comp too but unless someone offers me an arm or a leg I'm saving it for a rainy day :D

Back