Any interest? 50s Dawes Debonair 531 frame with Shimano 600

DoctorRad

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is just to gauge interest, as I'd like my dad's old bike to go to a good home if at all possible, it's too big for me.

1950s 22-inch Dawes Debonair 531, resprayed light blue with dark blue lugs. 2x5-speed Shimano 600 pre-slant-parallelgram front and rear mechs. Nice old Sakae chainset with some life left in the rings. 27" alloy rimmed wheels plus spare fixed rear wheel with 40-spoke alloy rim and nice hub with Hoffman ball races.

Drop bars went a number of years ago to be replaced by modern flat bars with my old SunTour friction thumbshifters.

Can do photos on request.

Let me know if you might be interested.

Thanks,

Dr. Matt...

Dear Doctor

What size rider would you suggest the bike would fit and where in the country are you?

Mike

I'm North Cheshire / Merseyside way. I'm 179cm / 5'10.5" and it's a bit long for me. Dad is just under 6-feet, so I'd say maybe 5'11" to 6'2" or 6'3"?

I can do more measurements if you might be interested.

Hope so, it's too good to go to the tip I reckon. Will probably take it to the Bristol Bike Project or something similar if it doesn't get a good home from here.

DoctorRad":2wp1s6wz said:
Hope so, it's too good to go to the tip I reckon. Will probably take it to the Bristol Bike Project or something similar if it doesn't get a good home from here.

Eeek! I maybe able to give it a good home, please send me some pics. Thanks.

Might have a friend in bristol who will come and take it- he is a MTBer and i have been trying to convert him for ages, so this might be the ticket- if he doesnt want it I can use it for the homeless bike training project i run in london- be good to go to a good home- I hate to see a good 531 go to waste!

Let me know what you reckon- would love some pics

I would be interested as well, but I am in Holland. Could you send some pics. Size as mentioned seems perfect, although just as a 55cm frame seems smaller (i'm 6'1").
I have been lloking for something like that for some time!

Back