WTD: Road Triple Crankset or Small Chainring (Vintage) 30T

CyclingTheLakes

Devout Dirtbag
I would be interested in buying a vintage road triple crankset, something like a Stronglight or TA Triple as pictured below as well:

Or, a small chainring, around 30T if it would fit an older Stronglight Crankset as pictured below.

If other brands would fit these types of old bikes, I would be interested too.

Perhaps I'd need a longer spindle/bottom bracket as well.

http://www.velo-orange.com/tapro5visch.html Chainrings. This part, I admit I find a bit difficult to size up if anyone is knowing.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 622
  • !B,)3O+g!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBKs-z46CZw~~_35.jpg
    !B,)3O+g!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBKs-z46CZw~~_35.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 622
  • yhst-84224226242177_2070_13913781.gif
    yhst-84224226242177_2070_13913781.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 620
Does the set to which you wish to add an inner have the mounts? What bcd?

Spa cycles seem to be the best source for Stronglight stuff and other "older" bcd rings.

Thank You.

I've always wanted to get a triple and somehow, I'm going to do it but it is nothing urgent, be nice to try it before the real cold sets in though.

Hi,

I've been looking for some TA or Stronglight chainrings myself although in 110mm/74mm and although not everyones favorite eBay is always throwing up stuff especially vintage and retro.

Perhaps I can suggest that you also have a mooch around some of the European eBay sites especially France (www.ebay.fr), however, you might have to be prepared to ask the seller if they would post to UK (some listing are French posting only) and pay via a bank transfer as not all sellers accept Paypal.

I've got a few bits from ebay.fr with no problems both bike and non bike - the last thing was a set of DT Swiss XMC100 airforks bagged at a bargain price compared to UK ebay and paid via bank transfer. They arrived safe and sound and I was really happy with them (brand new unmounted and uncut steerer).

Happy hunting.

Jules

Back