CL: Dunelt 10 Speed

CyclingTheLakes

Devout Dirtbag
I'm not positive Dunelt has ever even been mentioned in these threads, let alone in the thread the other week about companies merged into Raleigh (and in turn were marketed and had 10 speeds under their own name, Phillips, etc. ) so I'll cut right to the chase, offered on the Craig's list in Minneapolis is a 10 speed Dunelt. Very Retro, but I thought some might find it of interest just to see, even with the smallish photographs. Not mine nor do I know the seller.

Link: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/b ... 80587.html

I do note, the seller says he upgraded the bicycle to having a 3 piece Cotterless Crank.

Quoting the author because if sold, the ad will be taken down:

"Yes you read the ad right, this is a Dunelt 10 speed road bike. Made in England. Although best known for their quality 3 speeds Dunelt made some road bikes. 21" (53 1/2cm) frame with a 31" standover this bike should fit riders between 5' 6"-5' 10". Upgraded with a 3 piece cotterless crankset and weinmann side pull brakes this bike gives a surprisingly quick and nimble ride.Lugged steel frame with ornate "Fleur de Lis" lugwork". Straight wheels, nice chrome, crankset and headset disassembled, cleaned, regreased, and reassembled. Brakes and gears adjusted. Ready to go.This is a vintage piece of cycling history and if properly cared for and maintained will hold if not increase in value through the years. Please include a PHONE number with your e-mail response "

Cool bicycle, a good chance I'd think that it's a Raleigh type of frame...but if I'm all wet in saying that, it'd really be a super collector's item. Dynamite colour!!

I always had the impression that Dunelt was a company that mostly manufactured 3 speeds for women. Apparently that is not totally so.

http://oldbike.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/4dunelt.jpg

Nice job on this Dunelt, single speed I'd think: http://lugschicago.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... t-out.html

Attachments

• 3n83k63ld5Oc5T65Pf99k8fb8d38b22a61081.jpg
    3n83k63ld5Oc5T65Pf99k8fb8d38b22a61081.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,681
  • Dunelt1.JPG
    Dunelt1.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,681
Does anyone know anything about my 1966 Dunelt 10 speed, Reynolds 501 butted tubes, campy deraillers and shifters, hubs, sprockets, pedals, Wienmann 999 center pull brakes, blue with white & red and Brooks saddle, white plastic fenders black mudflaps, engraved bars, Italian aluminum rims. Purchased at North Shore Cycle in Great Neck, New York. I heard from lots of people telling me everything I already know about Dunelt. Yes I have a 1966 3 speed men's Dunelt and know about Dunelt. What I really want is even just one person who has a photo of one or knows of one or has ever seen one. I believe it may be a re badged Raleigh but I am not enough of an expert to say. It was $175.00 back in '66 at a time when a Schwinn Paramount was $125.00 so it was top quality back then. Apparently no one else is either, or just have not ran into the right person. Have spoken to many bike experts. I already know that there is one other identical bike on the east coast (still new) but as far as I know I may have one of two in existence today. I do know some others were built but how many? Where built? For how many model years? An approximate value? It would seem that with all the enthusiasts out there someone knows something and yet I keep coming up empty handed. Unbelievable! Please! Somebody help. 818 Michael 709 Rabinowitz 1879. Do I have the rarest factory built 10 speed bicycle ever made? If not explain how it is not.

Back