WTD : 59/60cm road frame

dirtydaniel

Retro Guru
Anything considered from a £15 car boot spesh up to about £80-100 I guess.

Need a single speed project to get going on

Please leave details if you have anything ;)

thanks

I've got a 23" (58cm'ish) Holdsworth frame. Good red paintwork, horizontal dropouts with no hanger, braze ons for 5 speed. The only 'buts' are the headbadge has been removed and not been refitted very well (it may even be damaged) and the semi fancy lugs have been poorly lined in gold.

Will make a nice bike once built. Price erm dunno 'bout £60 + £15 p&p

Here you go, managed to get back on the computer tonight!

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... mview=grid

Not sure what the frame material is as the badge has been removed, you can just make out where it was. It weighs 2.5kg on my bathroom scales and has a 26.8mm seatpost, I think. Ignore the Raleigh seatpost bolt that was just to secure a post in the hole (tried a 26.4 which is slightly too small, I've got a 26.8 to try in it). Could be a plain gauge 531, with the kind of finish it has I can't imagine it being Hi-Ten.

I'll get you the frame number if you're interested.

Other things worth knowing are that the rear dropout spacing is 120mm and it is built for 27" wheels but 700c fit with long reach brakes.

If you're interest theres no rush so feel free to take your time with a decision...

No worries. The Miyata is a very nice frame I'm only selling it because it is too big for me at 5'11" because personally I like a compact frame with lots of seatpost showing.

Similar story with the Holdsworth. It really is a lovely frame and is going to build into a great bike, I'm quite sick that it is too big...

Back