WTD- Newbie road rider: looking for first bike

jdbriant

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I seem to be following another new poster here from bike radar forums in my hunt for a new bike.

I am in london and work all over town and having been to the gym for a year have decided i might finally have the legs to puff around on a bike!

I am pretty much put off the whole stolen bike theme on gumtree etc. i have been looking around for a month or so and even i seem to find glaring holes in peoples explanations about what their "beloved" bike actually is and why they selling etc.

Dont really want to be supporting the market driving bike thefts so thought i would come see bike what the enthusiasts had to offer.

Anyway:
5'10 ish but with a stubby 30-31" inside leg.

looking for something preferably under £200 but might be able to spring for more if its special(i know all your bikes are special ;-) )

Not really bothered about the age, dont mind if it is steel or alu but would really like something i can start on, but will keep up with me as (when -if???) I improve.

thanks

John B

Hi i have very nice raleigh elan for sale should be posting some pictures this evening must be one of the best around is almost as new

starter bike

Thanks for the response.

i think i may have sorted it out with a bike from legrandfromage on here.

I think i will be able to check it out this weekend. will let you know how it goes.

cheers

john b

Sorted

I have been to see Legrandfromage and i have purchased from him the lovely yellow peril claud butler 853 frame.

i have to say it is beautiful and i am like a kid at Christmas time. now i just need some pedals and a 26.8 or 27.0 seatpost.

john

Back