SOLD: Campy Omega Clinchers Mavic 501 wheelset unused

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
THESE ARE SOLDI've decided to sell off some of my beloved wheels. These 700C 36 spoke Omega clinchers were accquired for an audax bike build that never got finished so they've never been used. I've got too many wheelsets now & so reluctantly I'm letting these go.
They're top quality, will give you a great ride & are very strong to boot. Could even be used on a touring bike as they'll take 25's no problem (a 28 is possible but not really advisable given the Internal bead is 13.5mm)
The rims are double walled in the Semi-aero V shape, made from 6082 Alloy with T6 temper, Hardox finish & non machined braking surfaces. According to Campagnolo they were 40% stronger & 10% more aerodynamic than other rims during the late 80's. The Omega rims were used on bikes of pro race winners too!
The hubs are Mavics legendary sealed 501's, screw on rear & come with original skewers. These are super smooth & are an absolute dream to ride on( I had another Campy/Mavic set which were lush)
130mm rear spacing so will accomodate 8 speed cogs though you can remove the last locknut which brings it down to 127mm so should fit 126mm spaced bikes no problem.
These are all mated up with DT Swiss stainless steel straight gauge spokes.
There are some very very minimal signs of storage otherwise these are perfect.
THESE ARE SOLD
3754749970_2dc2000811_b.jpg

I had the same set up in tubs a few years back with nice Vittorias on them, got them with a bike I'd bought but sold them for £40 as I was more au fait with clinchers. Little did I realise back then that the hubs alone were worth that(used but mint cond.) Bet the buyer was falling over himself to get them :)
thanks anyway
T

Back