FS Coventry Eagle 1970's? in need of TLC

gardensafari

Dirt Disciple
Would anybody like this Coventry Eagle, before it is consigned to the recycling bin?

Circa 1970s as a guess, it has seen the bloody end of the stick and would need a lot of work to make it into a useable bike, but the frame is straight and sound, and would build into a great singlespeeder or fixie (old style dropouts) or winter hack.

Nice bits? A pair of GB engraved drops (rather narrow) and a double clanger chainset with "period" groupset, and some strange things that appear to be holding the frame together and I'm told are called "lugs".

Bad bits? well, the b/b is hanging out and all the bearings rolled away in disgust a while ago, there's a bit of rust here and there, which should clean up with a shot blast, and the wheels need to go in the bin, though the hubs may fight another day.

I'm only asking a fiver, which I will donate to the BHF when I do the ride of the roses in september.

I gotta get rid of it 'cos I live in a caravan and currently own 6 bikes and at the moment I can't get in the door!
:oops:
£5.00 OnO, all to a good cause.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,819
What size is it, seatpost c-t and toptube c-c ?
Can the seatpost be removed ?
Would you consider posting it minus the wheels to Scotland ?

I like old hacks and hate to see stuff put in the tip.

Cheers

Velo

curses!

Stupid of me, I havent checked the sizes of the frame, sorry. I'll have to get back to you on that one, and I'll check the seatpost will come out too. No problem putting it in a box and sending it to scotland. I'll update you tomorrow evening when I get near to a computer.

Cheers

MK

Sizes

Hi all. Sorry, I've been on a cross country oddyssey for a few days, so havent been able to answer posts.

Yes the bike is still available, first dibs go to velomaniac if you wants it.

I've got the seatpin out with no problems, and measured the frame as:

Top tube 570mm c/c
Seat tube 585mm c/t

Had a look at it this morning, this is not a very sporty frame, relaxed head angle, and long seatstays. At least it'll be easy to put mudguards on.

I'll hang on for a few days to see if Velomaniac is still keen, otherwise I'll work my way down the list.

Good to see this british steel may have some legs in it yet.

MK

Velo here,

Best try the next guy on the list, one of my fellow scots has offered me a similar frame for free. Also cash strapped I appear to be at the mo so postal costs unavailable. :(

It'll be a good bike for someone, try and keep it out the skip ;)

As the next guy on the list, I'd be more than happy to carry out my duty of reviving this old bike.

gardensafari if you like you can PM me with some details and we can start the adoption process asap

Hi garden safari, I would be very happy to sort this out, but the PM feature seems to be broken for me, you can contact me on

alexayre(AT)dcemail(dott)com

thanks

Back