Fausto Coppi Masciaghi KT2 Frame, Forks and Headset

hondicusp

Dirt Disciple
Coppi KT2 road racing frameset of the team Mobilvetta Design
- high end aluminium frame with the characteristic Masciaghi steel fork with triangle-shaped tubes.
Made of: Columbus Altec2 aluminium tubes / steel fork
My understanding of the history of these is that Giovanni Pelizzoli, the framebuilder who created CIOCC was employed by Masciaghi to design and build top end racing frames at the end of the 1990's which were sold under the Fausto Coppi brand. (These are not to be confused with the much cheaper generic Coppi frames which were sold to the mass market)
They were raced on by a number of pro teams at the time, MG-GB, Polti etc and Pascal Richard won the Olympic Road Race in Atlanta on one. These KT2 frames were used by the Mobilvetta Design Pro Team (If you Google Fausto Scotti there is a trade team card with the bike on it). They have the trademark triangle shaping to the top of the fork blades and the beautiful pantographed chrome fork crown. Beautiful Coppi midnight blue colour that looks fantastic. Really is a very good looking and rare Pro Issue frame, I have never seen another one in the flesh. The Timec headset is nice and is included but the bottom bracket is not.
There is one for sale on eBay at the moment from Milan, it is identical but a smaller size, it is worth looking at as the photos are better than mine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COPPI-KT2-AL ... SwJLde2PvR

Dimensions:
Seat c-c: 590mm
Top c-c: 575mm
Head top-bottom: 178mm

It has some marks on it, little paint chips and a little patch of lacquer missing which I have tried to show. it is commensurate with what you would expect of use but is in very decent condition overall, no dents, dings etc.
The rear triangle clearances are very tight, there are a couple of aluminium inserts in the dropout to give more clearance but these can be removed if required. Headset is 1" threaded, bottom bracket shell thread is Italian (of course), rear dropouts spacing is 130 mm, seatpost diameter is 27,2 mm.
Lots of photos below (hopefully). Please click the link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7zguS5ZfYHuK8vdX9

Price: £250 ovno, + postage which I expect will be about £20. Or collect from North Yorkshire or may be able to arrange to meet dpending upon location, I travel around the country a bit with work.
Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 1,380
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have one still in built up...will run it singlespeed..it is true that Pelizzoli worked on these frames at Masciaghi.
It was a real pro rig at the time, and I bought it new from a bikeshop here in Brussels area,his son rode pro crits for a long time and was super enthousiast about the frame, it is very light too, for that era.
I never sold it, and seeing this one again, glad I never did :)

Back