Rossin SLX frame&fork 55x55. Fully restored and chromed!!

allerocco

Old School Hero

Rossin SLX frame.

Measurements:
Top tube: 55 center to center
Seat tube: 55 center to center
Columbus SLX tubes 27mm diameter
Rear space: 130mm (8-9-10-11 speed)
Front space: 100mm

ITA threads
Inner cable ruote
Campagnolo dropouts

The head fork logo is Rossin’s logo with three pentagons (rare).
This could means that the frame is from mid /end of ‘80.

Shimano Dura Ace headset ITA thread is in the price.

The frame has been fully chromed in order to be painted.
Some parts like lugs ,dropouts, chainstay, fork head and engraved logos are just polished.

Overall weight is 2 kg.

For sale 300 euro excluded shipping
On sale also on others channels

thanks in advance for your interest
Ale

rikster":crkwanoe said:
And the price is?

You're right !!!
I was trying to make a OP with a diabolic smartphone but then i quitted and came back to my pc :)

Price and some decent pics added!!

Thanks for your interest
Ale

Am I wrong but it looks like fork crown head lugs, dropouts and rear stays are chromed and the rest media blasted / polished?

Midlife":7glrvqxw said:
Am I wrong but it looks like fork crown head lugs, dropouts and rear stays are chromed and the rest media blasted / polished?

Well let me say that you're "half-wrong"

The frame is ready to be carried on a painter , the polished parts are : LUGS , CHAINSTAY (NOT BOTH) , LUGS , FORK HEAD and DROPOUTS.

The rest of the frame is CHROMED but not POLISHED.

So the painter knows that he has to paint over the NOT POLISHED part of the frame.

Do you know how the chroming process works ???

Yep, I know how chrome works. :). By "polished" you mean polished chrome and not just polished bare tubing which was confusing me (which isn't difficult). Why not indulge yourself in some cromovelato :)

Midlife":3ubik5yl said:
Yep, I know how chrome works. :). By "polished" you mean polished chrome and not just polished bare tubing which was confusing me (which isn't difficult). Why not indulge yourself in some cromovelato :)

Yeah !!! thanks for helping me with my poor englsh :D
The fact is that when you chrome a bike frame , they put ALL the frame on a chrome ?bath? ( I don't know if bath is correct , it Italian is BAGNO DI CROMO).
Then you decide the chromed parts that has to be shown.
With this frame you can decide to polish it all and have a fully chromed frame , or you can just paint it in the raw parts , and the result should be this :

Back