Colnago C40 with Campagnolo Record 10sp Carbon. Frame 57cm

valgehiir

Retro Newbie
Colnago C40, Campagnolo Record 10 Sp. Campagnolo Zonda wheels. Frame 57cm

ATClvM5.jpg

Classic Colnago Art Decor.

I bought a frame in Prague 4 years ago, the frame was near mint, and I hung it on the wall in living room. A year later, I bought USED Campagnolo Record 10 Carbon group, and put the bike together. Record group have traces of use, see photos.

I have ridden it 2 summers, as a weekend bike. Bike still spends time on the wall, as art :)

Seat post is not Colnago, it's a generic, but lightweight carbon post. The same goes for the stem, a generic no cost Carbon Threadless stem,and Threaded to Threadless apaptor, a quick but nasty solution at the time, because I couldn't find the right Stem that day. I now have a period correct black, threaded Syncros stem, but current handlebars are wrong size, easy fix. Except older stuff is impossible to find in Estonia, and I'll have to find correct bars online. The stem looks horrible right now, no denying.

Fork is Colnago steel, that is probably why the ride is very forgiving.

I have no idea what year this C40 was manufactured, first ones appeared in 1994, the same time as the Columbus Colnago Master Olympics.

The C40 was the last Colnago frame with tubes in the diamond shape tubing, like the Master series at the time, and I went to Prague searching for the Master Olympic frame, actually, beacue I sold mine years ago. But ended up buying this C40, partly for colour scheme, it has Black Blue White colours of Estoninan, a patriotic move lol. Seriusly tho, the frame was near mint, and every Master I looked at was in iffy shape, scratches, dings etc. So it was easy decision.

C40 has amazingly similar ride to mid to late 90s Master Olimpics, at the end of the 90's I rode to Master Olympic for several years. The C40 is not rigid like typical Carbon, if I didn't know I'm riding C40, I'd swear it's Columbus tubing.

Comes with Zonda wheels, absolutely straight, see photos. Needless to say, not raced.

Price 1400€. I prefer local pick up, but shipping can be arranged.

Photos here: http://imgur.com/a/nRGJl

Bike is in Tallinn, Estonia. Happy cycling!

Latest posts

Back