Rons Carlton 21 1/2 " c to top NOW ON E BAY

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
Hi
This is a Carlton Grand prix from Worksop August 1977.Bought new by a neighbour and kept until his death over 30 years ago.Ron was an engineer at a local twine mill His wife hung on to the bike along with a lot of his other stuff untill she also died a couple of years ago.She was still riding her Raleigh ladies bike well into her 80s.New neighbours moved in and I aquired it for doing some repairs e.t.c to their bikes.The bike has not been ridden since Ron went. However whilst he owned it it was well looked after. Everything on it apart from the rear tyre seems to be original I dont need it but it would be nice if it went to someone who would restore it and use it even as a commuter rather than part it.The paintwork is not too bad but does require some touching in. There is surface rust to many of the bolt heads and some components.The really good thing about this is that mechanically it is in excellent condition.All the problems appear to be cosmetic.You can see in the photos that there is very little wear to the drivetrain. The hubs are Normandy and very smooth. Rims are Ridgida steel so brake blocks have to be the right type for the job. Raleigh weinman brakes. Ten gears ( 2x5 )The saddle is a brooks plastic job and in excellent condition .Mudguards are Bluemells.I pumped the tyres up and they still hold air but they are not safe to ride.For a 41 year old bike it is pretty good. It just needs stripping and giving a good going over plus cables tyres and brake blocks.NOW ON E BAY

Attachments

• mCopy of carlton  right side.JPG
    mCopy of carlton right side.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 538
  • mCopy of carlton  rear  gears.JPG
    mCopy of carlton rear gears.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 538
  • mCopy of carlton  front.JPG
    mCopy of carlton front.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 538
  • mCopy of carlton  cranks.JPG
    mCopy of carlton cranks.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 538
  • mCopy of carlton  back.JPG
    mCopy of carlton back.JPG
    481.3 KB · Views: 538
Re:

Hi.
Can I take it no one is interested in this?If not E bay are having a £1.00 completion fee weekend so I may as well take advantage of it. If anyone wants to make an offer then I would sell here first otherwise I could do with it out of the shed.

Latest posts

Back